1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcusJY

MarcusJY Member

What I gather from those old catalogs is that they always had some shoes that were "fashion forward" for the time....look in the 1971 catalog.[​IMG]...btw I know someone said they didn't have the Strawfut 5 years ago....but they had the same shoe with same name in 1956 or 57 ....so in my opinion everything goes in cycles.

2. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Yeah, I think so, appreciate it

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Yes they do and I bet they will look great after just a little brushing also. Great choice too!! In the honor of you getting yours this morning I didn't even hesitate to grab mine without much thought at all this morning.
    [​IMG]

4. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Looking good, can't wait to start wearing mine!

5. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Heads up for anyone that wears a 9D. There are a pair of salesman sample Cappuccino Shell McGraw's at my local AE outlet. $79 for a pair of shell shoes will be the best deal anyone could hope for and these look fantastic. They are at the AE in Leeds, Alabama, 205-699-6566, all I ask in return for this jewel of info is a pair of Chocolate Amok's in 8.5D haha. Whoever finds this first, you're welcome.

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Nice shoes - bet they are comfy. Like the laces too!

Love those. Spend a few minutes with a damp rag and a brush tonight and they'll shine up great.

Really like seeing some worn-in shell. Nice shoes!

Nice shell, Cold Iron. Love the "in the wild" pic!

Heck of a deal. Wish I was a 9d sometimes.

Today: Burgundy (old burgundy, that is) shell Leeds at the end of a long day. I nicked the toe of my left shoe on a shred-it container today, so I'll need to spend some time with a brush tonight.

[​IMG]

7. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

As do I. I'm an 8.5D and I was there picking up my Walnut McGraw's and Bourbon Kenilworth's I had ordered. I tried them on but unfortunately there were just too big.

8. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Wow, at what point does one say, I do not need another pair of shoes, no matter how good the deal is? Must resist.....

9. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there is any difference between the Boardroom Shoe by AE for Jos. Bank and the Park Ave?

10. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

I could be wrong, but I believe I've heard that the Boardroom are on a different last, though I can't recall which one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

11. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Boardroom = 7 last, Park Ave = 5 last.

12. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

13. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

I should have searched this thread! Looks like it's made on the 7 last.

14. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

I've not tried anything on the 7 last but I will definitely be looking into it! It might suit my EEE duck feet better.

15. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Whoever Mark from New Jersey is just got a steal. I called my friend Mr. Earl at my AE to buy them myself and put them on Ebay and he said I was about 30 seconds too late. Congratulations sir, message me for my address for sending those Amoks as thanks haha.

16. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

That'll teach ya!

17. Fashion Fan

Fashion Fan Senior member

Sorry for the newbie question, I'm not to knowledgeable on high end shoes, but what makes Allen Edmonds shoes so special and high quality when compared to others like Gucci, Prada etc.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  18. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

One major difference is, a lot of those designer shoes are not goodyear welted. AE for the most part are, which allows mulitple easy recrafting of the soles. And the styles of AE are often timeless, as opposed to many fashion forward designs from high end designers. And they are made in the US, which is a plus for me. I cannot speak on quality of the materials between those brands though, I am sure they use good leather and such.

19. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

finally decided to wear my krause boots that i got via the crazy deal a few months back. I initially planned to return them since the color is quite a bit mismatched (left side is darker and has more of a black-ish tinge than the right) but eventually i figured they would start to converge over time as they darken/lighten due to wear. plus, THEY ARE WORKBOOTS WHO CARES.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. Deladonis

Deladonis Member

Got my hands on some Manhattans in size 14D. GOD sent![​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.