Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

Don't buy a pair of Alden, I think every pair I saw when shopping for some last summer had edging on the upper.

Since I wear my AE's to wear them, I'm not overly concerned with perfection. I think every single pair I bought get worn to the stitches on the tip of the sole in the first wearing or two. It bothered me at first, then I realized it was just the way it is. Thankfully, I'm paying only a couple to a few hundred a pair, rather than thousands. They're still heads and shoulders above the crap department shoe stores...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

2. aperson

aperson Well-Known Member

You really should talk to a podiatrist, this looks like severe over pronation. At the very least, I'd consider wearing the 3/4 length superfeet inserts (full length if they'll fit in the shoes). You're going to have some severe back pain later in life if you don't.

3. RZach

RZach Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea how returns work to the shoe bank during this 2/300 sale? Because that would play into my decision too. If they'll let me keep the Lasalle's (that fit great) for $150 and return the Randolphs then I'm more likely to do that. If they're going to bump up the price on the Lasalle's if I return the randolphs then i'm more likely to just live with them. Tough choices, i'm really having trouble deciding if I can live with them.

4. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

I didn't notice it at first viewing, but it looks like you're walking on your ankles. I had a rowing coach in college who did so literally, to the point that his shoes were demolished along their in-board sides. It was painful to look at.

5. aperson

aperson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had this problem. I started doing exercises and wearing shoe inserts and the problem mostly went away. My shoes last longer and I can run without my legs hurting now. That's why I pointed it out since that's exactly what those photos look like.

6. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

If it can be fixed, awesome. I can still vividly recall the blown out sides of my coach's shoes and it's been 17 years!

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Beautiful!

8. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

it says "limited time", does anybody know how limited?

9. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

man those Shell Strands are such a beauty. I need one in my life. But only if I can find them in the shoe bank.......even at $495 is too steep for me.

10. RZach

RZach Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Quote:
    I appreciate your concern, and believe me, I know my feet are ugly. Thankfully they're just severely flat but don't cause any other problems health-wise. Although I've never seen a podiatrist, I've never had any doctor tell me it should be a cause for a concern. Been involved in sports my entire life and still run regularly and never had any pain/other issues. It was explained to me at some point and I don't totally remember, but basically my legs (hips maybe?) compensate for it.

Anyway, aesthetics are my only issue, and I'll consider myself lucky I guess. Just makes loafers a problem sometimes.

11. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Those Dalton boots are great looking. I'm heading to Charlotte this weekend and i'm going to go to the AE store to see if they have a pair I can look at in person. My only concern is that they are similar to my Alden Ravello WT boots. I'm going to check them out and try on some boots and may try to get in on the Christmas order.

12. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

13. otc

otc Senior member

First day wearing my new daltons...been on my feet for 3 hours.

In a hurry to get upstairs to a conference room and I trip on the fucking stairs. Not like a full trip and and fall down the stairs (caught myself) but managed to scuff both toes. Looks to be not serious so polish should be fine but :fu:

14. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Does anyone know what types of deals we can get on AE belts?

15. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

I bought a pair of black 10.5 E MacNeils that are too wide for me. They're up on Ebay, if anybody's interested: here. Only a month old.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.