1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Fifth Avenue or Park Avenue? Is the difference just the brogue around the toe cap?

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Yes, that is the only difference. What color ate you planning on getting? If not black, then don't get the PA.

3. soaped

soaped Senior member

This is the green that was available from the custom webgem Neumoks.
    Props to AE for overnighting these to me even though they didn't have to.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Those are good looking. I can't wait to get my all blue custom Neumoks tomorrow. AE is overnighting mine so they'll be here tomorrow. I'd take off to receive them...except everyone at work would assume I'm playing hooky watching basketball.

5. PerCC

PerCC Active Member

To reinforce the crazy amount of seconds in stock for D widths:

8.5E Walnut Strand seconds: 5
    9D Walnut Strand seconds: 62

Speaking of that, there's a pair of both Cordovan Walnut Strands and Cordovan Walnut Daltons, as seconds in 9D. Someone needs to pick those up!

6. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I wish they had some in 12 D

7. frank212

frank212 Member

Cambridges arrived! They are much darker than the red plastic-like photos on the Allen Edmonds site; more like chocolate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Will look for replacement laces. The stock thin waxed laces feel like they would garrote through the holes if I yank on them hard enough. Any lace recommendations?

8. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

My black shell PA were waiting for me when I got home tonight. Stripped off a ton of cream and brushing them for as long as I have tells me I still have a lot more work to do on them before they get a few thin coats of Saphir blue polish. Also need to wear them for awhile first to work out any bloom that may be in the shell. In a week or so hope to have them ready to post pictures.

Outstanding pickup delmar! And nice comparison shots.

I still don't own a LWB and between you and bucksfan now know what I'm going to get. On the Alden thread someone posted a link to ebay for a pair of LWB in whiskey that are in my size, a very rare and desirable shoe. My first thought was that of the lion taking down the zebra which TheSizzle posted and I almost pounced on them. But thinking it through.... burgundy shell is as classic as it gets. I have enough brown shoes and boots (for now) and according to those on the Alden thread exotic shell colors will not even exist this year. But has anyone tried to buy a burgundy colored belt in the last 5 years? You can find them but you have to work for it, they are all brown or black for the most part. Burgundy shoes or #8 is less common than brown in shoe color overall. And there is just something about #8 that is "right". The fact that it pairs with almost everything doesn't hurt either. The MacNeil in burgundy shell is at the top of my list right now. Thanks for posting yours. And great Cambridge's!

9. Barroomheroes

Barroomheroes Well-Known Member

What did you do to shine them? They look great!

10. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Any idea how much they are?

11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

$260 for AE version
    $200 for Brooks Brothers

-20% for the sale price going on right now. (Linked a page or two back)

Picked up a pair of BB AE Strands in 13E for $169.

12. frogwash

frogwash Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds recontinued them, as they're back up:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF7715_1_40000000001_-1

i was told by someone at AE that they are MTO. It does look like they do keep some of the most common sizes in stock, but most say 3 - 5 or 6 - 8 weeks.

13. GOP Shoe Guy

GOP Shoe Guy Senior member

I applied one coat of venetian creme to condition them. Then I applied a coat of lincoln marine cordovan wax polish. I used dabs of hot water, and small circles to buff off the wax, and bring about a high shine. I applied a second coat to the captoe only. I then buffed the entire shoe with my shine cloth. All those pics have a flash, except the last, it was natural light.

I have had comments before on here about the high shine I have on my shoes. Maybe I should go into the shine business... [​IMG]

14. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

[​IMG]

Still on my year-long shoe-buying moratorium, but when I'm done I'll use the money I've saved to custom-order a hyper-narrow burgundy shell MacNeil... presuming I don't find one on eBay between now and then. It just seems like the quintessential American shoe.

15. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

where do I look?

16. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

is this it?

17. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Now that's the great customer service I've come to expect! [​IMG] Hope this pair works out well for you.

18. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Quote:Yes it is. They are in the EST zone and hours 10 AM-9 PM. Good luck.

19. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Riverhead is running that 20% off promotion as well. I believe any AE outlet that's located at a Tanger is running the promotion, because Tanger is having 20% off coupons (they don't stack, can't be used on clearance). I remember that the deals coincided last time those coupons were out as well.

20. Deladonis

Deladonis Member

Where can I find some of the vintage Allen Edmond shoes? And part two is finding size 14D that has been hard to find as well. Any help you can give would be great. Especially if you know any sites i might be able to find those size 14's
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.