• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fashionnoob

Reaction score

Yes I think it should work well for you in 12D. I am a 10D on the 1 and 5 last with very little gap on most shoes on the 5 (especially shell), right foot is brannock 10D and left is 10.5D. In addition I have a very low volume foot. A little bit shy of D but I'm no longer a C any more, and the 10.5 is just shy also. The 744 LTD in 10D fits me about as perfectly as you can get. And is a great choice IMO.

Those AE for RL boots that bucksfan posted are also starting to look good. Can't believe I am even considering a panel boot. I really need to stay off this thread....

Yup, that's one of the best looking boots I've ever seen. How are you taking care of them? I'm planning on using saphir renovateur for mine with no additional polish.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm confused, if i'm a 10D in the 8 and 5 lasts, what size do i order for the Krause?

I'm an 8D in the 1 last (Dalton) and a 7.5D in the 5 (Strand). I was advised to go with a 7.5D for the Krause. We will see...

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man. that's the info i was looking for. hope the krauses work out for everyone!!! :slayer:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always heard to size down by 1/2 on the Wloverine 1K boots (from your brannock/measured size). They should fit like the standard & last year's limited edition 1k boot.
While that is true for most 1K boots the 744 is on a different last. Wingtip says size down a half for the 744 and I disagree. And so does Leffot. TTS in the 744 is about equal to going down a half in the 1K original or my RW Beckman's IME.

http://leffot.com/2012/09/20/wolverine-744-ltd/

Yup, that's one of the best looking boots I've ever seen. How are you taking care of them? I'm planning on using saphir renovateur for mine with no additional polish.

Reno of course
smile.gif
. But also Alden Defender. Because I am wearing them in the winter I waited a few days and after several polishings of the defender have a coat of Saphir Cordovan clear shoe polish on over that. So far it has worked fantastic. Most shell shoes and boots I just use defender but I am careful of the elements when wearing them.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the contact number for this Jefferson outlet? I want some.

NVM googled it :)

Damn you guys. Ordered a 9 in Rust on the way...

Last edited:

PerCC

Reaction score
Hello there guys. I have been lurking for a while and have a few questions for the community.

This winter I will be doing an accounting internship with a business casual dress code (button down, dress slacks, dress shoes). I had heard that PA's were a good staple, so I recently got my first pair of AE's on Black Friday - a pair of black PA's at the outlet (they look flawless for seconds). Is the black color a good choice for the business casual dress code, or would I be best serve with a different color for daily wear, such as brown or walnut? Or perhaps a different style shoe all together, as PA's can be very formal. I'll be wearing them daily for a few weeks, until I get my first paycheck to get a second pair.

My other question is if the shoes I got fit well. To me, they feel a little tight, and look like it compared to other pictures on this forum. I got a 9D which the outlet salesman assisted me with, but I have a feeling I should go to a 9E. I have barely worn them in case I need to return them. What do you guys think? (Excuse the lacing, I'm not sure how to lace them the correct way for the style)

Thanks in advance, you all really seem to know your stuff. As a college kid getting ready for the real world, I'm all ears!

ElDave

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm an 11E in the 5-last and my 744 LTDs are a 10.5D. I am truly between a D and E width, but need the extra size if I walk a lot and my foot swells. As the 744 is unlined, it has slightly more room than a standard D width.

I'd also mention that I purchased my 744 LTD as a "second," had an obviously manufacturing defect (other than the visual defect I knew about) and neither AE nor Wolverine will stand behind the 744 LTD seconds. Buyer beware.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For what it's worth, I'm an 11E in the 5-last and my 744 LTDs are a 10.5D. I am truly between a D and E width, but need the extra size if I walk a lot and my foot swells. As the 744 is unlined, it has slightly more room than a standard D width.
I'd also mention that I purchased my 744 LTD as a "second," had an obviously manufacturing defect (other than the visual defect I knew about) and neither AE nor Wolverine will stand behind the 744 LTD seconds. Buyer beware.

Can you elaborate on the defects? This is good to know.

Karembeu

Reaction score
Where do you guys shop for factory seconds? I tried looking up the shoe bank on AE's site but keep getting errors when trying to "shop now" at the shoe bank. Is there a particular site where you can shop the shoe bank online without having to call?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where do you guys shop for factory seconds? I tried looking up the shoe bank on AE's site but keep getting errors when trying to "shop now" at the shoe bank. Is there a particular site where you can shop the shoe bank online without having to call?

No, you have to call or email them. They can email you a list of everything in your size if you just want to browse.

itsmejson

Reaction score

You have to call the AE outlets. If you deal with the shoe bank you either have to call or email them and ask for a list of shoes you are liking for and sizes. Google AE shoe bank for the number.

I hope those krause boots are not as red as what bucksfan photographed and more like this picture:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to call the AE outlets. If you deal with the shoe bank you either have to call or email them and ask for a list of shoes you are liking for and sizes. Google AE shoe bank for the number.

I hope those krause boots are not as red as what bucksfan photographed and more like this picture:

I agree on the color but I'm not concerned. I will darken them or get them "more" brown using cream or wax/polish. While it's obviously not a unicorn boot, I'm really excited to get them at that price.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I think it should work well for you in 12D. I am a 10D on the 1 and 5 last with very little gap on most shoes on the 5 (especially shell), right foot is brannock 10D and left is 10.5D. In addition I have a very low volume foot. A little bit shy of D but I'm no longer a C any more, and the 10.5 is just shy also. The 744 LTD in 10D fits me about as perfectly as you can get. And is a great choice IMO.

Those AE for RL boots that bucksfan posted are also starting to look good. Can't believe I am even considering a panel boot. I really need to stay off this thread....

I passed on these boots (as seconds) because I had a problem with the cap toe but looking at your pic, the color and patina of that shell is amazing! And they will look better with age as well. Very tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads