Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Public service announcement for anyone in size 11. Brown shell Dundee seconds are available at the Jeffersonville outlet. I don't Have the number with me, but it's a few pages back or on the Allen Edmonds website. They also have size medium swims in orange and red for five dollars per pair. Or size small tingleys for one dollar per pair. Finally, chili sole edge dressing is one dollar and they also have burgundy or white wax for one dollar per Tin.

2. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

OR maybe the thief saw a box and opened it to see if it was worth stealing. It may be hard for a forumite to imagine it, but most people don't know what Allen Edmonds is, and they definitely don't get too specific about shoe sizes.

Originally Posted by Aidan K [​IMG]

You've been hit by.....You've been struck by....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012

3. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Well my first thought is a barefoot bandit

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

So the thief took the time to open the cardboard box, but did not open the shoebox or realize they were shoes? And, if he did realize they were shoes, did not care about the size because of the legendary black market for shoes? [​IMG]

Think about that for a few minutes.

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

YOU ARE THE MAN

I just called and copped them. Not only that, the woman I spoke to knows our friend very well!

Thanks again for the heads up. I've not been very active on the boards lately, but today is my lucky day.

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Ha! I thought that was your home at first, and I thought it was interesting you had so many grey shoes. But then I realized it's the store.

7. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Sorry. :embar:

I'll let you know if they don't work out.:nodding:

9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The point of opening the cardboard box was to see that there were shoes inside. A lot of people don't know/care about the differences between C and EE or sizes 8 and 9. If you're a thief, seeing something nice in the box is probably enough motivation. They can go over the details and check StyleForum for the value when they're not standing on a stranger's porch.

I'm not quite sure where you went off track there. Maybe reading comprehension isn't your "go-to move," but that's for another thread. Feel free to start it.

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Reading comprehension won't magically transform nonsense into logic. Let's not derail this thread. If I pointed out every idiotic thing you post, it would be a full-time job.

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

What's the point of making a put-down comment like that? Most of us who read these posts don't enjoy your kind of humor...if that's what you think it is. Think before you post.

12. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

^^ agree... let's please keep this on track and be civil.

Back on track, here are a few other things I saw while at the outlet today. (p.s. if anyone wants a 2 oz container of venetian shoe cream, they carry them at the Jeffersonville outlet. $5 I think (?) but I imagine free shipping if you're buying something. I picked up a bottle to try.

First,a couple AE for Wolverine boots. (they don't have any shell seconds, I asked).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and, some interesting AE for wolverine shoes (they had a similar one, but with black grain leather rather than red, you can see it in the above picture):
    [​IMG]

Gray boots, as requested:
    [​IMG]
    (they also had the other two brown colors in stock, in seconds)

Finally, some AE for Ralph Lauren boots. Supposedly there are LOTS of these available, in most sizes. I didn't ask the price. I do like the eyelet rather than speedhook at the top.

[​IMG]

Lots of options if you're looking for unique boots.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Those AE for Wolverine boots look quite nice. I think those are what Wolverine calls the Krause (around $495 I think). Do you know what they were asking for them? Thanks for posting the pics.

14. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

She just got them in today, and she wasn't sure... I'd give them a call if you're interested. I bet it starts with a 2 or maybe even a 1 [​IMG]

15. catside

catside Senior member

CalTex thank you. I'm still undecided however. Wanted the dark brown but it did not go on sale post txgiving on the site. i keep on calling the shoebank, and emailing Ohio outlet for a 9E second to no avail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.