Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I don't recall what the official color is but my Fifth Streets are a pretty dark brown. In the right light I could see how someone could confuse it with black.

2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

You are in good company, the #1 last fits a lot of people well. Me included. Check out the leeds if you don't have them already.

As far as other lasts go, you may want to try the #7.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

3. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Thanks! Underrated, comfortable, versatile and good looking.

Thanks I haven't gotten around to getting the black ones yet, but will look onto it.

4. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

My Chili Grain Randolph's came today, I like the look a lot. I think they will be a good addition to my casual collection. I'll post pics tomorrow.

5. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

For anyone interested in the AE/Nordstrom Clifton, I have a pair coming in the next couple of days, in dark brown. Will post pics when they arrive

J

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Thanks, will look into the Leeds and also the 7 last.

Here are my Cliftons (burgundy) worn yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Very nice. Wish AE would make the toecap placement like this on the PA and FA!

J

8. spicolli1976

spicolli1976 Active Member

I want the blue Neumok's sooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful shoes!!!

9. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

So I know this is a strange question (and probably the wrong way to do things), but I had a $100 credit on Amazon, and when the walnut Strand's went on sale this week, I just said fuck it and bought them without really having a way to incorporate them into my wardrobe. I've been meaning to start getting clothes for more formal occasions that don't look like ass, and these seemed like a good way to kick that off. Anyway, my question is, what would you suggest I buy to complement the Strand's that would work for business and business casual occasions? I get that it's kind of working backwards, but I had to start somewhere...

10. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

You might now want to step up your trousers. If you don't have wool trousers already then get some now. You'll need button downs after that which fit well and also matching belts to your shoes as well as good socks (though not a must). I really like Howard Yount trousers, best bang for the buck perhaps on the market.

11. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Burgundy shell Leeds.... brand new pair made to order. I placed the order a few months ago and picked them up last week. As you can see, the color is very dark. The shade is virtually identical to my Alden #8s which are also very new except the AE is a little less purple and a little more...brownish, I guess. The flash enhances the lighter red areas.

I recall a discussion about old burgundy vs. new burgundy and I'm not sure which I have here. However, these were definitely made in the last thirty days.

The Leeds is my best fitting shoe. I'll tell ya', if the Alden Barrie last is too loose in the heel for you, try the 1-last true-to-size but one width wider. Really nice.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

12. imainish

imainish Senior member

I agree. However I will add that if you are looking for a bal with very little gap I recommend the Rutledge or the Harrison. Someone saw me wearing the Rutledge (black) the other night and thought they might be a pair of Edward Green. :happy:

Love the Parkways.....enjoy! I have them in burnished brown and they are great.

My Neumoras arrived today (got a pair in black, already have a pair in brown but those damn sales).......Really happy with them and IMO they are much nicer than the Moras they will replacing.

13. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

Congrats, those are real beauties... all you plain toe guys are driving me to want to pick up a pair of shell Leeds.

I posted a comparison pic of my old v. new burg shell a couple of hundred comments ago. Looking at your color, it looks like you got the new finish as opposed to the lighter, old one.

14. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

absolutely brilliant. worthy of uncle mac...

15. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

not familiar with grenson, but could this be a crepe sole you are referring to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.