• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucksfan

Reaction score

Beautiful collection!
I don't often see the black cherry shell, they look amazing.

Thank you! Next I plan to get some lighter shades of shell, I.e. cappuccino, whiskey.

Saphir Neutral. Started with 2 coats renoventeur, 3 coats light cream then this is about 35-40 light light coats of wax, tons if elbow grease.

The results speak for themselves - very nice! Very difficult to get a mirror on light color shoes.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if the brown long branch is going on sale anytime soon?
Looking to buy it in a size 11D if anyone knows of a site.
Thanks

I am looking for one, too. Grey is on sale 199 at AE website. Shoebank has seconds 279 D sizes. Finally it may be on Amazon 25% sale which does not have my size but have D sizes.
Me, I am waiting for next sale.

Jigg

Reaction score
How are AE's socks?
They're on sale now, worth a try?

konoyaro

Reaction score

How are AE's socks?

I've only tried the wool socks but they are quite nice. They are on the thick side so consider that when buying as they may affect the fit if you're used to wearing thinner socks. For example, Polo and Pantherella dress socks run much thinner than AE.

With that in mind, $5 for a quality pair of made in the US socks is a pretty good deal.

andrew4h

Reaction score
Hey all, quick question regarding putting a topy/vibram sole on a pair of AEs? I have a pair of well-used McTavishs that I really love. I am currently living in Turkey so can't send them in easily/cheaply to get recrafted when the time comes. Would I be able to put a rubber sole on the existing, used sole? Or does it need a fresh and clean sole?
Hey guys, posted this a few days ago and never heard any responses. Any thoughts?
Thanks

acousticfoodie

Reaction score

Hey guys, posted this a few days ago and never heard any responses. Any thoughts? 
Thanks

I emailed them for you (Hey Andrew! You're on Dappered as well aren't you?):

If a cobbler damages the structure of the shoes, we would be unable to disassemble and reattach new component pieces. Adding heel taps or sole savers to a pair of shoes should not impact the recraftability of your shoes. Thank you for your interest in Allen Edmonds recrafting service.

Best regards,

Sandy Vrubley-Rassel
Allen Edmonds
Recrafting Customer Service

Last edited:

andrew4h

Reaction score
Thanks Acousticfoodie, and yep, on Dappered as well! So it sounds like as long as I make sure the cobbler on affixes the rubber to the bottom of the used sole, and doesn't try to remove the sole incorrectly it will be recraftable later. Awesome. Now i just need to figure out how to say all this in Turkish

dancingbear

Reaction score

How are AE's socks?

I love Allen Edmonds socks!!!

Just started wearing them a few months ago. Before that I bought Nordstrom wool socks every year at the anniversary sale. These are far superior. I have replaced most of my rotation. I just wish there were some additional designs, especially argyle.

RicPac

Reaction score
what are a good casual pair of AE shoes? something i can wear to go out but also go roam around college in>?

adsmith4

Reaction score

what are a good casual pair of AE shoes? something i can wear to go out but also go roam around college in>?

Coming from someone else that's in college, I like my Elgin's. They look good with jeans or in a dressier setting.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How about some more collection photos?  Here's mine: (forgive the non-AEs).  I tried to get some good pics, but with the overcast day I had to use flash to get the color differences.  

Left to Right:
Front Row: Walnut grain Macneil, black calf Grayson, black calf Park Ave, black shell Leeds, RL Marlow brown shell PTB, Burgundy shell Leeds, "black cherry" shell Sanford
2nd Row: RL Marlow brown shell tassel loafer, burgundy shell Randolph, burgundy shell Bradley, brown shell Strand, RL brown shell Marlow wingtip, burgundy shell Macneil, burgundy shell Cambridge
Top Row: Alden chukka in #8 shell, Alden captoe boot in #8 shell, AE Darlton in walnut shell, AE Bayfield  in brown chromexcel

LL

Closeup of the right side of 1st row

closeup of the left side of 1st row

closeup of left side of row 2

closeup of right side of row 2

shell PTBs and Chukkas (black, dark brown, burgundy, Alden #8)

Boots:

Brogues

Brown shells:

LL

Nice collection. :nodding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads