• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bucks - Man feels good buying a brand new pair of AE shoes in the two digit price range.
Vinny - Yeah I stayed up until 3 AM for no reason LOL! Honestly you can probably buy and sell them for a profit haha
foo.gif
itsmejson - You can check Amsterdam bourbon in your size or Mcclain walnut both at $99 or perhaps Delray $159. You could use a split toe in your collection.
How much difference do you think that there is between 11D and 10.5D on the 5 last?

Last edited:

Jhors2

Reaction score
Just curious which outlets are good to call, they ship correct? I called the Jefferson outlet and they have no Amsterdams :(

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How much difference do you think that there is between 11D and 10.5D on the 5 last?

Probably quite a bit as the 5 last is pretty long. However if in 10.5 your laces don't close fully in 11 they probably will which would fit well.

FWIW I have Park Avenue (5 last) in 10D, close the laces fully but personally wanted a more snug fit without closing laces fully so I ordered 9.5 Amsterdam (5 last) this time around. So yeah in retrospect I dont think there is a big difference provided you are kind of inbetween sizes.

Just curious which outlets are good to call, they ship correct?  I called the Jefferson outlet and they have no Amsterdams :(

Try the WI one (262-284-7158). If you are a 9.5 D though, there aren't any left.

Last edited:

Jhors2

Reaction score
Probably quite a bit as the 5 last is pretty long. However if in 10.5 your laces don't close fully in 11 they probably will which would fit well.
FWIW I have Park Avenue (5 last) in 10D, close the laces fully but personally wanted a more snug fit without closing laces fully so I ordered 9.5 Amsterdam (5 last) this time around. So yeah in retrospect I dont think there is a big difference provided you are kind of inbetween sizes.
Try the WI one (262-284-7158). If you are a 9.5 D though, there aren't any left.
Thanks!
Just picked them up in the 11D, that fits me perfectly, incredible deal.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The laces don't close all of the way on my PA's. I'm guessing that it's more an issue of width than length. $99 sounds like a great deal, especially since I hadn't heard about bourbon McAllisters, but I think that I'll have to hold off.

What's the phone number for the store? I'm going to call them again in a bit.

Last edited:

adsmith4

Reaction score
I called the WI outlet and spoke to a gentleman about the Randolph in the Chili Grain. He said they were $99 through the rest of the day. I called and ordered them from Shirley and she said they were $179. I went ahead and ordered them and called back and spoke to the guy again and he told me he would tell Shirley and make sure she changed it to $99. Great customer service. I ordered the Elgin and the Randolph each for $99.

elstinnett

Reaction score
Well, I've gone back and forth numerous times regarding my next AE purchase. I started out with the staple Black PA. A few weeks later, Amazon had excellent prices on the Strand and Dalton in Walnut so I jumped in. Now I know exactly why the Walnut Strand is so popular around here!

I'm trying to make a decision on a darker brown shoe for suits. Originally, I was leaning toward the Fifth Avenue, but I've started to consider a Shell Strand. I originally thought two Strands might be overload in my minimal collection, but after receiving my Walnut Strands I'm a big fan. So I guess the question is whether I should go with a brown Fifth Ave. or a Shell Strand? Any other options I should consider?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I called the WI outlet and spoke to a gentleman about the Randolph in the Chili Grain. He said they were $99 through the rest of the day. I called and ordered them from Shirley and she said they were $179. I went ahead and ordered them and called back and spoke to the guy again and he told me he would tell Shirley and make sure she changed it to $99. Great customer service. I ordered the Elgin and the Randolph each for $99.

Ugh that's not fair, the lady told me $ 179. Do you know the name of the guy you spoke to? I should call again and try?

adsmith4

Reaction score
I never caught the guys name. If you want them, I would definitely call back and just tell them you were speaking with the gentleman there and got disconnected. He told me twice they were $99 for today only. That's a deal I couldn't pass up so it would be worth it to me to call and speak to him.

pudman43

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of dark brown Clifton's (shoebank) at $129, I'm happy. Couple of polish colors too

J

pudman43

Reaction score

Well, I've gone back and forth numerous times regarding my next AE purchase.  I started out with the staple Black PA.  A few weeks later, Amazon had excellent prices on the Strand and Dalton in Walnut so I jumped in.  Now I know exactly why the Walnut Strand is so popular around here!  

I'm trying to make a decision on a darker brown shoe for suits.  Originally, I was leaning toward the Fifth Avenue, but I've started to consider a Shell Strand. I originally thought two Strands might be overload in my minimal collection, but after receiving my Walnut Strands I'm a big fan.  So I guess the question is whether I should go with a brown Fifth Ave. or a Shell Strand?  Any other options I should consider?
Not sure if anyone else has replied on this, but among my 8 pr of AE shoes are the Strands in both Walnut and Dark Brown. The latter is just as awesome as the former, you can't go wrong, plus the toe cap is in the 'right place', unlike the Fifth Ave

J

pudman43

Reaction score
Here's a question: after all the Bourbon McAllisters are 'gone' (the Urban Dandy special makeup), do you have to order it as a custom (higher price too), or has anyone heard if AE will continue making the McAllister in Bourbon?

J

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com has 20% off a lot of AEs at the moment, and shipping to oz is only $15.
Actually amazon ended up having the Daltons on special again and combined with the low shipping you pointed out worked out to be the best alternative. Had to order 2 pairs of hedge my bets on sizing. No one on amazon was shipping the manistee belt to aus to picked that up from Hansens. Overall very happy with the prices and my first pair of AE are on the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads