Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

How much difference do you think that there is between 11D and 10.5D on the 5 last?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012

2. Jhors2

Jhors2 Senior member

Just curious which outlets are good to call, they ship correct? I called the Jefferson outlet and they have no Amsterdams :(

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Probably quite a bit as the 5 last is pretty long. However if in 10.5 your laces don't close fully in 11 they probably will which would fit well.

FWIW I have Park Avenue (5 last) in 10D, close the laces fully but personally wanted a more snug fit without closing laces fully so I ordered 9.5 Amsterdam (5 last) this time around. So yeah in retrospect I dont think there is a big difference provided you are kind of inbetween sizes.

Try the WI one (262-284-7158). If you are a 9.5 D though, there aren't any left.

4. Jhors2

Jhors2 Senior member

Thanks!
    Just picked them up in the 11D, that fits me perfectly, incredible deal.

5. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Awesome!

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The laces don't close all of the way on my PA's. I'm guessing that it's more an issue of width than length. $99 sounds like a great deal, especially since I hadn't heard about bourbon McAllisters, but I think that I'll have to hold off.

What's the phone number for the store? I'm going to call them again in a bit.

7. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

I called the WI outlet and spoke to a gentleman about the Randolph in the Chili Grain. He said they were $99 through the rest of the day. I called and ordered them from Shirley and she said they were $179. I went ahead and ordered them and called back and spoke to the guy again and he told me he would tell Shirley and make sure she changed it to $99. Great customer service. I ordered the Elgin and the Randolph each for $99.

8. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

Well, I've gone back and forth numerous times regarding my next AE purchase. I started out with the staple Black PA. A few weeks later, Amazon had excellent prices on the Strand and Dalton in Walnut so I jumped in. Now I know exactly why the Walnut Strand is so popular around here!

I'm trying to make a decision on a darker brown shoe for suits. Originally, I was leaning toward the Fifth Avenue, but I've started to consider a Shell Strand. I originally thought two Strands might be overload in my minimal collection, but after receiving my Walnut Strands I'm a big fan. So I guess the question is whether I should go with a brown Fifth Ave. or a Shell Strand? Any other options I should consider?

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Ugh that's not fair, the lady told me $ 179. Do you know the name of the guy you spoke to? I should call again and try?

10. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

I never caught the guys name. If you want them, I would definitely call back and just tell them you were speaking with the gentleman there and got disconnected. He told me twice they were $99 for today only. That's a deal I couldn't pass up so it would be worth it to me to call and speak to him.

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

12. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Picked up a pair of dark brown Clifton's (shoebank) at $129, I'm happy. Couple of polish colors too

J

13. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Not sure if anyone else has replied on this, but among my 8 pr of AE shoes are the Strands in both Walnut and Dark Brown. The latter is just as awesome as the former, you can't go wrong, plus the toe cap is in the 'right place', unlike the Fifth Ave

J

14. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Here's a question: after all the Bourbon McAllisters are 'gone' (the Urban Dandy special makeup), do you have to order it as a custom (higher price too), or has anyone heard if AE will continue making the McAllister in Bourbon?

J

15. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Actually amazon ended up having the Daltons on special again and combined with the low shipping you pointed out worked out to be the best alternative. Had to order 2 pairs of hedge my bets on sizing. No one on amazon was shipping the manistee belt to aus to picked that up from Hansens. Overall very happy with the prices and my first pair of AE are on the way :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.