Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgt465

tgt465 Senior member

There may be some variation in sizing due to a number of factors (possibly leather stretching). I still say try heel grips.

2. MOCKBA

MOCKBA Active Member

I am still waiting on my burgundy Daltons. I received my black pair, but had to send them back to have a new pair made, so the wait begins again. The brogueing was not properly punched out and the leather was terribly marred on both shoes. While I get annoyed at some of the quality issues at AE, their customer service is second to none, try giving them a ring.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Interesting that we are both the same size in AE then. I tried sizing down in the Fifth Streets, but they were way too snug all around.

4. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

Too bad they usually only have regular width or a COUPLE "wide" sizes at NR (at least where I am)! That said, if you happen across a 12B. . . .:) And at that price ($99??), i'd be open to an 11D. I'm wearing my 11D cliftons today. . .they're not bad at all with an insert! :)

-James

5. zazadojo

zazadojo Active Member

I have a question regarding the Ebay shoes. You see many with two small drilled holes in the sole and some with a stamped W on the sole "marked to prevent retail return"? Who are these marked by? Are the holes to mark display shoes? Do these still have the same warranty by Allen Edmonds?

6. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

I'm not sure who they're marked by, but I don't think they'd be have a "warranty" by Allen Edmonds. They'll stand by any new shoes you buy from them (New, seconds from the outlet, etc) but they won't warranty factory seconds sold on ebay by a third party (someone correct me if i'm wrong). If they're not an authorized seller of AE shoes, consider them "used" shoes.

What Allen Edmonds WILL do is recraft them when the time comes - for a fee. They'll do that as long as nobody else has altered the shoe in any way. This includes getting resoled by another cobbler.

Hope that helps!
    -James

7. zazadojo

zazadojo Active Member

Yes, thank you. I have had a few pair recrafted. I have a pair that have some stitching pulled near the laces(actually looks like the leather was slightly ripped)....may have to see if my local cobbler can do a litlte reinforcing stich in that spot.

8. zazadojo

zazadojo Active Member

Has anyone heard when the current AE sale is over?

9. cidr

cidr Member

How's the fit on theset? They are 11 3E, 11.5 D were too long and narrow, AE suggested these.

They still feel too long (I can fit 3 fingers in the heel, picture for reference, that's where my big toe ends) and a tad wide, should I try 10.5 3E? (International customer, can't just try them on at a store).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

What sale?

11. cidr

cidr Member

Clearance on polishes/some laces. Pretty good deals for 50 cents/a dollar.

12. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Anyone get any more info about Black Friday sale? Will the Shoe Bank in WI be open at 3 AM?

13. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I've got no clue. As far as I can tell, the employees don't know what's going on.

14. catside

catside Senior member

Just confirmed that there is an AE sale Friday on the website, no details.

15. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

Not sure if you (or anyone else) know the answer to this, but would Allen Edmonds refuse to recraft a shoe if there was a (non-AE) Topy on the sole? I'm assuming not, since this is a fairly minor alteration, but figured I would ask in case anyone had had a topy'd shoe recrafted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.