• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgt465

Reaction score

Tried sizing down.
These are Jeffersons, my other pair or Jeffersons (same size, different color) fit great.

There may be some variation in sizing due to a number of factors (possibly leather stretching). I still say try heel grips.

MOCKBA

Reaction score

Is anyone else still waiting for their Cordovan Daltons from the September Webgems?  I placed my order on the first hour that it was listed.  For the past month they've been telling me "1-2 more weeks," today they tell me "3-5 more weeks."

I'm sure they'll be worth the wait, but it's been frustrating that AE hasn't initiated any communication regarding the recurring delays.

I am still waiting on my burgundy Daltons. I received my black pair, but had to send them back to have a new pair made, so the wait begins again. The brogueing was not properly punched out and the leather was terribly marred on both shoes. While I get annoyed at some of the quality issues at AE, their customer service is second to none, try giving them a ring.

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Given the various lasts of various makers, I find the Brannock to be of dubious usefulness; however, with it I measure just past 9.5 in length, and a D width. I have literally dozens of models by various makers in US9.5D (or its UK substantial equivalent - 8.5E - in C&J, John Lobb, etc.). I am 9D in Alden's Barrie.
A 9D in AE's 7 last (MacNeil), for my foot, is dreadfully tight, and unwearable.

Interesting that we are both the same size in AE then. I tried sizing down in the Fifth Streets, but they were way too snug all around.

mingus2112

Reaction score
Too bad they usually only have regular width or a COUPLE "wide" sizes at NR (at least where I am)! That said, if you happen across a 12B. . . .:) And at that price ($99??), i'd be open to an 11D. I'm wearing my 11D cliftons today. . .they're not bad at all with an insert! :)

-James
The old model suede Fifth Avenue still floats around some NRs. I've seen it several times the last few times I was there:

zazadojo

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the Ebay shoes. You see many with two small drilled holes in the sole and some with a stamped W on the sole "marked to prevent retail return"? Who are these marked by? Are the holes to mark display shoes? Do these still have the same warranty by Allen Edmonds?

Last edited:

mingus2112

Reaction score

I have a question regarding the Ebay shoes. You see many with two small drilled holes in the sole and some with a stamped W on the sole "marked to prevent resale"? Who are these marked by? Are the holes to mark display shoes? Do these still have the same warranty by Allen Edmonds?

I'm not sure who they're marked by, but I don't think they'd be have a "warranty" by Allen Edmonds. They'll stand by any new shoes you buy from them (New, seconds from the outlet, etc) but they won't warranty factory seconds sold on ebay by a third party (someone correct me if i'm wrong). If they're not an authorized seller of AE shoes, consider them "used" shoes.

What Allen Edmonds WILL do is recraft them when the time comes - for a fee. They'll do that as long as nobody else has altered the shoe in any way. This includes getting resoled by another cobbler.

Hope that helps!
-James

zazadojo

Reaction score
Yes, thank you. I have had a few pair recrafted. I have a pair that have some stitching pulled near the laces(actually looks like the leather was slightly ripped)....may have to see if my local cobbler can do a litlte reinforcing stich in that spot.

cidr

Reaction score
How's the fit on theset? They are 11 3E, 11.5 D were too long and narrow, AE suggested these.

They still feel too long (I can fit 3 fingers in the heel, picture for reference, that's where my big toe ends) and a tad wide, should I try 10.5 3E? (International customer, can't just try them on at a store).

cidr

Reaction score
Clearance on polishes/some laces. Pretty good deals for 50 cents/a dollar.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get any more info about Black Friday sale? Will the Shoe Bank in WI be open at 3 AM?

Last edited:

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get any more info about Black Friday sale? Will the Shoe Bank in WI be open at 3 AM?

I've got no clue. As far as I can tell, the employees don't know what's going on.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just confirmed that there is an AE sale Friday on the website, no details.

Firefox

Reaction score
I'm not sure who they're marked by, but I don't think they'd be have a "warranty" by Allen Edmonds. They'll stand by any new shoes you buy from them (New, seconds from the outlet, etc) but they won't warranty factory seconds sold on ebay by a third party (someone correct me if i'm wrong). If they're not an authorized seller of AE shoes, consider them "used" shoes.
What Allen Edmonds WILL do is recraft them when the time comes - for a fee. They'll do that as long as nobody else has altered the shoe in any way. This includes getting resoled by another cobbler.
Hope that helps!
-James
Not sure if you (or anyone else) know the answer to this, but would Allen Edmonds refuse to recraft a shoe if there was a (non-AE) Topy on the sole? I'm assuming not, since this is a fairly minor alteration, but figured I would ask in case anyone had had a topy'd shoe recrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads