Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordjeebus

lordjeebus Well-Known Member

Is anyone else still waiting for their Cordovan Daltons from the September Webgems? I placed my order on the first hour that it was listed. For the past month they've been telling me "1-2 more weeks," today they tell me "3-5 more weeks."

I'm sure they'll be worth the wait, but it's been frustrating that AE hasn't initiated any communication regarding the recurring delays.

2. Alan Skinner

Alan Skinner Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the 20% and 30% deals for Black Friday are only available in-store via coupons gotten from the outlet mall's central office. That's just what one sales associate told me, though.

3. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Senior member

The old model suede Fifth Avenue still floats around some NRs. I've seen it several times the last few times I was there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Given the various lasts of various makers, I find the Brannock to be of dubious usefulness; however, with it I measure just past 9.5 in length, and a D width. I have literally dozens of models by various makers in US9.5D (or its UK substantial equivalent - 8.5E - in C&J, John Lobb, etc.). I am 9D in Alden's Barrie.

A 9D in AE's 7 last (MacNeil), for my foot, is dreadfully tight, and unwearable.

5. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

If you can find a 9.5D in that I would buy it from you and give you a little cash too for your help.

6. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Same here for a 8.5D

7. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Senior member

Most of the ones I've seen in the past were all the odd width sizes like A, B or EEE. I don't plan on stopping by again until after the holiday rush is over but if I find anything in the future I'll post the sizes in the thread in the future.

8. Russell Lee

Russell Lee Member

Nice. Good call on the Strands in Walnut.

9. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

Any ideas?

10. cptslow

cptslow Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a month or so and reading. Just finally signed up. Thanks to my wife, I've taken more of an interest in fit, tailoring, quality, etc.

So anyway, I just picked up my first AE boots (first AEs period). Dalton's in Choc. I'm a consistent 11D, occasionally 10.5, but these feel tight....narrow really. For those of you that are experienced AE people, should I expect a good bit of stretching/loosening around the front area? Pinky toe region most specifically. Thanks to anyone who has comments.

11. MakingChanges

MakingChanges Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of discussion on the outlet sales, do we know if there are any deals for the regular stores?

12. tgt465

tgt465 Senior member

Try heel grips. Also try one size narrower for your next purchase.

13. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

From the pic I would say that you probably need to size down.
    You may be able to get away with a size that is too long in a boot because the upper lacing will keep your foot back, but in a shoe, there is no upper lacing and heal slippage has been a key sign to me of a size to long.

Also, I can't tell what model you have from the pic, but I had a pair of Jeffersons that I had trouble with length and heal slippage with.
    I think this was exaggerated by the different lining in the Independence collection too since it feels a bit more slippery than regular AEs.
    I sized down on the Jeffersons and all was well.

14. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

Tried sizing down.
    These are Jeffersons, my other pair or Jeffersons (same size, different color) fit great.

15. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

My experience probably differs from others I've read about, but for me shoes that are uncomfortable when I first try them on only get more uncomfortable over time. Yes, they will stretch a bit, but if your pinky toe is rubbing at the initial try on, it will probably be blistered after a 12 hour day in the shoes. Some shoes fit better than others, but I've never had an uncomfortable shoe become comfortable over time. I'd size up. Heel slippage isn't as a big a problem with boots, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.