Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Quote:

...and the shoe drops. Still, I'll call to find out more.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Ridgeways at the office

[​IMG]

3. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

is your office a nuclear power plant? :rimshot:

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

^^^ I got fired from that job. Now I work in a missile factory supervising the construction and assembly of electronic guidance systems.

5. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

oh gosh. my joke was even worse than i thought. glowing, neon shoes? nuclear power plant? anybody?

:hide:

6. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

What? Oh, right . . . we were just joking.

Seriously though, I've found the Ridgeways to be a little stiff. Now that I've worked them into my daily rotation, they seem to be breaking in nicely.

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Thanks again for asking. You're right it's still pretty awesome. Will be picking up the Del ray in brown calf at $159 and will use 30% off for Mcallister or perhaps Patriot.

On a side note your Randolph look very nice. The chili grain calf would be $125 with the 30% off. Very tempting. They fit TTS compared to the 5 last?

8. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Thanks, and yes, I take the same size in both. The Randolph seems a little shorter than 5 last shoes, but that's good in a loafer. Whether they fit or not is really dependent on the strap tightness. Hard to say for sure without trying them on.

I plan to get something in shell with my 30% off (I know, surprise). Either black Cambridge, burgundy or black park ave, patriot or maybe dundee.

9. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

Looking for some sizing info on the Parkaway. I'm looking at picking up a pair online and will not be able to try them on before purchasing.

My experience with other AE shoes is as follows:
    • McClain US 12B (8-108 last) one of the best fitting from AE
    • Vinci 12B (last unknown) pretty close to the McClain in fit
    • McTavish in US 12B (5-65 last) a bit too big. I should have gotten an 11.5B instead
    • San Marco US 12B (2-22 last) awkward fit as it pinches my left little toe although the general length seems fine

So I'm wondering, does the Parkaway run true to size? Or should I be considering a different size when ordering?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

10. darkness2505

darkness2505 Active Member

How much are Dalton 2nd's? I want to know how much they will be after the 30% off.

11. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

They usually are $299 on seconds.

12. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Probably not an easy questions to answer but from an online perspective (being in Australia) is there much chance of seeing Amazon or AE themselves have a sale at some point between now and the end of the year? Really want to grab a pair of Daltons and kicking myself I missed out on the amazon 20% off but im not familiar with their sales cycles so just wondering if theres any point in holding off?

Thanks

13. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I recommend sizing down 1/2 and keep the same width. For example, I wear a 9D in the McClain, but an 8.5D in the Parkway.

14. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

Thanks for the feedback, DJTraveler.

15. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

Just ordered a pair of Walnut Strands seconds from the shoebank. $199 as suggested a page or three back. They didn't have my size, so they'll be getting it from another store. She implied that holiday shipping is crazy, so I won't likely see them until next week. When I inquired a week ago, they only had two in my size so I figured i'd sacrifice the $18 (if I ordered them between 3 and 6am on friday from the store mentioned on the last page I could have gotten them for $181) to make sure they actually had my size left. $18 is $18, but i'd be pretty pissed if I got up at 3am only to find out that I missed it!

She also suggested chili edge dressing over the natural. Anybody care to comment on that? I needed chili ANYWAY, so i didn't waste my money. Just want to make sure i'm not significantly changing the shoe. I also recall talk about a lighter polish to use on the strands other than walnut. Something about the walnut polish darkening the shoe?

-James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.