Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatback

fatback New Member

I don't, but I will take one the next time I wear them. I had to drive to Denver to see them in a person and it was definitely worth the trip. Both colors look very different in person than they do online. The neumok looks a lot better in person as well. I had no interest int the blue neumok until I saw it in the store.

2. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Bingo. Below is a terribly-lit side-by-side with the PA (on the 5 last, same as the Fifth Avenue) and the Byron (on the 4 last):

[​IMG]

The 4 last has a slightly less rounded and more chiseled toe.

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

I have a pair of walnut fifth ave's that have some minor water spot damage.. before I likely destroy them via an amateurish try at removal of the spots, is there an effective method?

i'm also tossing around the idea of sending them in for new soles, would a cleaning of the uppers/hopeful removal of said water spots be available via AE?

lastly, is there a general price for AE to resole with direct replacement leather sole?

thanks in advance!!!

4. fashionnoob

fashionnoob Senior member

I'd get the Cognac or the Brown, in that order. I ordered the Natural a year ago and it was very light. I applied a coat of Obenauf's to the pair, and they now have a pretty nice look that roughly approximates the Cognac. I think the lightness of the Natural contrasts too much with darker denim and pants. I would actually say it's the least versatile of the three.

5. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

Definitely thinking about picking up a pair of lubbocks since they are on sale. So far i've only seen one pic here of the lubbocks in the wild. Does anyone else have more pics of the lubbock?

6. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

I picked up a pair of the Strands and Dalton's in Walnut this weekend from Amazon with the 20% off coupon. I should receive them on Tuesday so I'll give an update when I receive them.

Now I just need to decide what I want for my next purchase. Park Ave. in black, Strand in Walnut, and Dalton in walnut. I was originally planning to pick up the Strand in bourbon, but I decides to go with walnut while also picking up a brown Oxford. Thinking of a brown Fifth Ave. Mostly looking for a dressy brown for suits. Any thoughts?

7. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

AE will refinish the shoes as part of their standard package ($125.00). This will also include replacing the sole with another single oak leather sole just like the original. See their website for details: http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/...iew?catalogId=40000000001&langId=-1&storeId=1

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Guys I noticed my two pairs of AE's have a bit of a curl on the toes. They are not fully touching rye ground. Is this normal? I have always had shoe trees in them.

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

:hifive:

looking at that link, might as well go for the prestige option and get another pair of trees and bags out of it. thanks!

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Just sent in my black shell Leeds for the 125 package. Based on my previous AE recraft experiences, I should be getting essentially a brand new pair of shoes in about 4 weeks. :nodding:

11. tgt465

tgt465 Senior member

Shoes normally curl a little at the toe, to help prevent dragging as you walk. Here is a picture of the Park Avenues from AE's web site: [​IMG]

12. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

have them nearby so I measured. my well worn fifth ave's are about 1.25" curled up

13. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

Thanks for the shot; that's a great comparison.

14. catside

catside Senior member

I found these deadstock Boulevards. Any of you ever saw this style? I think they are 5 last. posting the pics to make a record of it on AE thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Gents,
    another sizing question. I am looking at AE Neumora and need your help regarding fit.
    I have 3 pairs of AE -

5th St boot 8.5D a bit loose - Feels a bit too long - should've got it in 8 D

Strand 8EEE way too loose. I use one thick insole- feels way too wide and way too long- should've got them in 7.5EE or 7.5EEE or even 8D

Grayson 8.5B - Fits perfect. Tight fit. A bit of straggle to get them on. I think its becos of the low vamp.But 8D could've worked out better.

What would be my perfect size on Neumora ?

Thanks for your assistance.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.