Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanperodhsy

vanperodhsy Member

I've worn AE as long as I can remember. I upgrade my closet with their latest trends. I love stepping out in confidence and making a statement wherever I go and I've never gone wrong with AE's collections.In fact, they are my closet staple. Hey AE haters, get your grime out of here!

2. catside

catside Senior member

What is this? Our digital savvy CEO started hiring teenage bloggers to spam the interwebs?

3. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

For what it's worth, AE says they are hand stitched, not machine stitched.

4. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Thanks! I too like the red hue in some shoes, though I really like the dark burgundy too...

Brown shell Strands today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

5. MoneyWellSpent

Also great looking shoes! You have a nice collection going. [​IMG]

6. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

This man has good taste! I don't have those socks however... lol. Hey, how long have you had those for? I've noticed that mine have gotten significantly darker, which i'm i'm not really too happy about. I loved that lighter brown color of them, but they are much more of a mocha now (after 6 months mind you and two very light coats of the AE cordovan cream (dark brown.)

I have Saphir Reno and their neutral cordovan cream on the way, hopefully that can bring back its nature color.

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

^^ thanks [​IMG] Joseph A bank over-the-calf socks for those interested. I buy them when on sale during the buy 1-get 2 free sale...

My cordovan strands are about 16 months old, and I've treated them with the AE brown cream once, then switched to Saphir Renovateur. Definitely recommend the Reno, if you want to lighten them. Good luck!

8. MoneyWellSpent

Do you have trouble with your pants not cooperating with your OTC socks? I have just about given up on OTC's because of the static that builds up and makes my pant legs cling unnaturally. It drives me nuts. I don't have the problem with mid-calf socks. I should mention that I predominantly wear slim-fit chinos due to my overly casual work environment. It may just be the closer fitting heavier material, and I may not have the issue with suit/dress trousers.

9. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

I will be getting it on Tuesday, so we'll see how they come out. I'll do one from start to finish before I do the other shoe. Love these shoes... I would by them in any and every color, by far their best shoe hands down.

When I wear OTC socks, i'll cuff the top part once, helps tremendously

10. MoneyWellSpent

I'll try that, thanks!

11. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

12. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Byrons were on the #4 last. The first AE shoe I ever bought... wore 'em just yesterday. :)

13. PsylentStorm

PsylentStorm Active Member

I'm looking for suggestions on my next AE purchase. I already have:

Black Flatirons
    Brown Fifth Streets
    Merlot McAllisters
    Walnut Strands

While I plan on getting a brown shell Strand at some point, that may have to wait until next year as a birthday gift for myself. In the meantime, I'm debating between the Walnut burnished calf Jeffersons or the Bourbon Larchmonts.

Any thoughts?

14. g.michael

g.michael Senior member

That's why I was paying close attention to it. Legal wording is funny these days (and I'm not a lawyer), so I wondered if you hand feed something through a sewing machine (as AE does), does that give you legal right to say "hand-stitched" vs. "hand-sewn". Alden can say "hand-sewn" because somebody is actually using two needles and and awl and actually manually sewing their LHS loafer. Shades of gray. Either way, the shoe looks extremely nice.

15. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Do you like the rutledge in burnished walnut? You arleady have a brogued wingtip, and merlot is by far the best color for that. I have a similar line up, walnut strands, merlot mcallisters, and shell brown strands. plain cap toe is next, and i think the rutledge will be the winner either in black or burnished calf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.