1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Wow, those are sharp in real life!

2. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Everyone has their own way, but I think generally you should not be applying generous amounts of (wax) polish. Not sure if this is what you are doing above.

3. The_International

The_International Well-Known Member

Hello Gents,

Upon the advice of many in this thread, I finally purchased my first pair of AE shoes (Strand in Walnut calf). I am very happy with the purchase, and I appreciate everyone's insight on how to navigate the ShoeBank (I purchased Seconds). On this order, I also purchased the Delray in Black, but unfortunately they have to go back because there is too much gap at the sides of the shoes and some heel slippage with these in an 11.5D. The toe box feels perfect, so is there any hope for me with these in a different size?

The strands feel great and they should only get better over time. I think that the 5 last is perfect for my foot shape. Is there a list that details all AE models on the 5? Otherwise, do any of you have suggestions of 5 last models you own and love? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

4. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

You can get such a list by going to the Strand and click the welted 5-65 Last link. Luckily, there are plenty to choose from!

5. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

I haven't really heard people discussing the Neumora. Does anyone have any experience with this shoe and is it only in bourbon?

6. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

It comes in Black and Brown. I have the Bourbon samples, a little roomier than other shoes in same size, but overall fit well. The last is not my favorite, but good for the price I paid.

7. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

It's a little squarer than I prefer. I think the discontinued Mora would've been more to my liking.

8. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Its terrible! I now own the Strands, Park Aves and the Fifth street in my size and I'm always on the hunt for more value priced. Bought the strands and Fifths on sale and were totally worth even the full fledged price.

As an aside, I got the Fifth Aves (brown like the pictured boots) in a 10C before I had key'd in on my size. I really wear a 9-1/2D so if anyone wants a lightly worn pair for sale or trade hit me up!

9. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

What last is it in?
    I own Magnanni 'Miro' double monks and they're great but have no captoe which was originally what I wanted.
    Not sure if I should just stick with what i've got.

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

If you are asking about the Moras, they were/are on the 8 last.

11. tommyhk

tommyhk Active Member

Originally I got the neumoras in dark brown and I loved them. They look good paired with almost anything I have in my wardrobe. And garner plenty of compliments and adoration. So when I saw them available in my size in bourbon I jumped on the chance. If you go back a couple pages you can see some photos of them in this thread.

The "chisel toe" or whatever is hardly detracting and I think the slight squareness really adds more than it subtracts from the shoes aesthetics.

The only complaint I have is the location of some of the creasing. They seem to form on both sides of the cap instead of just on the inside which kind of bothers me a little. But not enough to prevent me from wearing/loving them.

As for sizing, they run a tad bit big. I bought them a 1/2 size smaller than my scale size and they fit perfectly. So jut a heads up if you are ordering online.

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I've got some breaking news on the next WebGem! The Sales Associate at my local store told me:

:bounce2:CAPPUCCINO CORDOVAN :bounce2:

For all you cappuccino cordovan lovers... no word on which styles will be offered.

Also, he has a cappuccino Dalton in size 10D left over from last year. Not on sale, though...

In other news, the Walton is pretty awesome in person.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. evolved

evolved Senior member

That's for sure exciting.....any idea as to when?

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

He said next month. Hope he's right.

15. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Hey Don, can you post a couple pics of your Miro double monks? Saw them at Nordstrom and am thinking of picking them up. Would love to see pics of yours. J

16. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Considering getting a pair of Walton's are you? [​IMG]

17. rgweiser53

rgweiser53 Well-Known Member

How's the quality on the Neumok? I'm looking for a navy shoe, and thought I might just do the WebGem up in all blue...

18. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Quality is good, but I suppose it depends on what you mean by quality. The standard Neumok comes in blue as seen here.

[​IMG]

19. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

I dont know...I like my blue neumok...quality wise, its a part of the rough collection obviously, so no fine leathers here...and I find it to be just a notch below the mctavish, although the store associate says they are essentially the same shoe...but to my eye, the mctavish just looked a tad more substantial and polished, in a sense. But I like em...you wont see many other people with them on...at least I havent.

20. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

MZhammer in Mn. you can never have too many boots IMO! And the 5th Street is a great boot which I also own. Nice pickup!
    Uh Oh... If this is the Dalton in Cappuccino size 10D PLEASE hit me with a PM with contact info on purchasing. I have the Dalton in walnut shell and the Cappuccino Dalton's must have been a custom MTO. I have 3 AE walnut shell shoes\boots but only 1 in cappuccino which I love. But try not to have any favorites [​IMG]. Kick myself HARD for not picking up the cappuccino McAllister webgem. Would love to know which styles will be offered in cappuccino coming up but will save my pennies and hope for the best. AE Cappuccino is absolutely sublime, your killing me here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.