Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Strange that they have a better shoe brush selection than AE . I would go with the biggest one you can get.

2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Bump. Any ideas on the brown color polishes?

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Seems like the brush on the AE website is the "medium" based on cedarville's measurements compared to the measurement of one review on the AE website.

4. catside

catside Senior member

Folks, AE charged me tax for gift card purchase. It feels like that is double taxation since I have to pay tax when getting the shoe. Have any of you had to deal with this issue?

5. delmar

delmar Senior member

I have the McTavish in 11.5E and the Lubbock in 12E. The Lubbock fits me, but more snugly than the McTavish.

If I was choosing for you, I'd pick the Lubbock in 9.5E.

6. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

What is an Allen Edmonds sale with no shoes included?! [​IMG]

7. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I had not been really considering the Long Branch during all of these discussions from a few days ago. After looking at them for a while, the Brown Waxy Leather version is definitely growing on me. I saw Bootspell's pictures from a while back, but there doesn't seem to be any other posts with pics of these. Anyone have some good pictures of their Long Branches they could share? Also, for those who have them, how do you like them so far? Do they have the natural leather insole, or do they have a foam/poron type insole? I prefer to buy AE's with the natural leather insole when possible. Thanks!

8. zchen

zchen Senior member

AE recommend their dark brown polish for their dark brown shoes
    Of the on sale polishes Bourbon is the closest to dark brown, but with a bit of reddish tone (I have used it on my Dark Brown burnished Moras and it does give them a hint of red). Mocha is considered 1 shade lighter than dark brown, and some recommend using polish that is 1 shade lighter to slow the darkening of shoe.

9. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Thanks for the reply. I might go with Mocha since I don't really want to darken my shoes at all.

10. toolsound

toolsound New Member

I bought some park avenues today and have an issue: My left foot is a little wider than my right foot. The right shoe fits perfectly, but the left shoe feels a little tight on the outer-left side.

I'm not sure if I should just live with it, get them stretched, or return them for a larger size (and maybe use an insole for the right foot). Any thoughts?

11. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

They did the same to me. When I contacted them, they said it was a glitch and corrected it.

12. polojock615

I agree with you. I bought them as seconds, but haven't ever been able to figure out what's wrong with them.

13. polojock615

The gators wear like a cloud. You're right - double sole and reverse welt on both gators. I haven't tried out the shark Cliftons yet - they arrived on Friday.

14. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Nice Boots Adam, congrats! I struggled over getting a pair of those to go along with my walnut shell Daltons. I've seen pictures of your shoes and boots, our standards are pretty darn close [​IMG]

At one time in a post you mentioned Tysons Corner, I have a good friend that has a "farm house" near there, and I just spent the last 2 weeks hunting pheasants in SD with him and a few other retired military men. It is our annual Veteran Day's hunt. The Admiral pretty much set the gold bar standard for shoes and boots for me.

[​IMG]

I too am slowing down on the stable growth and taking bucksfan approach for the most part.

When I got home this weekend my latest addition was waiting for me, the Wolverine 1K 744 shell boots made by AE.

[​IMG]

Purchased them as seconds at $399 and keeping them. Yes they are work boots and are perfect for jeans with a Pendleton wool shirt, and love them and how they fit.

15. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Nice boots, cold iron! That pic really shows how great that color of shell is. Those will look great with some hard wear on them. Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.