• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khurram

Reaction score
Just confirmed with the Costa Mesa, CA store that the shoes are never marked in the UK sizes and they are always in US sizes.
She said that even the shoes that are specifically sent to Europe are marked in the US size and she knows that because if there are any defects they are sold as seconds in the US with the same US mark.

Just double check your AE orders from endless.com fellas.

bucksfan

Reaction score
Received my Fifth Street seconds. The only flaw I can detect is the back of the right heel is shaped a little unevenly in one spot--a very very minor flaw. These fit very well and were a steal at $139. Thank you AE!

Great! Mine showed up too, but there's a hole in the insole right below the heel, which is somewhat uncomfortable. I'm going to try to get a replacement pair. I love the dark brown color.

Last edited:

dganderson

Reaction score
So my chocolate Daltons showed up today and I couldn't be any happier. They look and fit great.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn I ordered 10.5 EEE from endless in strands. Having it proxied to me so they better have gotten the size right or else I'll be in big trouble cuz of the proxy.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: Do the AE Macneil longwings tend to run TTS or large on the sizing? I'm looking to grab a pair online...

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That model is extinct isn't it? Shame because that is one kick-a** loafer.

Yes, it's gone. I had been looking for these and the Hinsdale in my size for a few years and finally lucked out. These Coles run large which is great for me! They closely resemble the RL Darltons I've owned but the construction and fit are different. These are of true mocassin construction while the Darlton is not.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question: Do the AE Macneil longwings tend to run TTS or large on the sizing? I'm looking to grab a pair online...

All of my AEs are 12Bs. These fit me perfectly right out of the box and are consistent with the other AEs I have.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my walnut Dalton's and love them.

Any issue with using Obenhauf treatment on them for protection as I'll be wearing them a lot this winter?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my macneil is TTS. go for it. i m about to get another pair in walnut grain!

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so the consensus on the board on the 5 and 2 lasts, aka the Players, 5th ave, or Strand, is to go one size wider and half a size smaller, am I right?

Claus

Reaction score

so the consensus on the board on the 5 and 2 lasts, aka the Players, 5th ave, or Strand, is to go one size wider and half a size smaller, am I right?

Dunno about the #2, but you're right for the #5.

However, if you have a higher instep, you may want to consider going up half a size and keeping the width for Allen Edmonds' 5-65 lasts (scroll down to the images at the end of the article).

I haven't had time to check this more closely yet, but the last may come with a rather flat instep. That's a possible explanation I've found in the forum. The (rather) flat instep and the slightly narrow width would explain why some people simply size-up.

reidrothchild

Reaction score

I have the Macneils, and they run TTS IMO. Very comfortable. The shoes I've tried of AE's that I've had to change sizes in have been the Bel-Air and Randolph (up 1/2 size) and the Leeds (down a width). Nothing on the executive rubber last fits my foot at all b/c of the narrow tow box (Presidio, Lombard, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads