1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khurram

Khurram Active Member

Just confirmed with the Costa Mesa, CA store that the shoes are never marked in the UK sizes and they are always in US sizes.
    She said that even the shoes that are specifically sent to Europe are marked in the US size and she knows that because if there are any defects they are sold as seconds in the US with the same US mark.

Just double check your AE orders from endless.com fellas.

2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

Great! Mine showed up too, but there's a hole in the insole right below the heel, which is somewhat uncomfortable. I'm going to try to get a replacement pair. I love the dark brown color.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

3. dganderson

dganderson Senior Member

So my chocolate Daltons showed up today and I couldn't be any happier. They look and fit great.

4. grimmie

grimmie Member

5. clarksdb

clarksdb Distinguished Member

Damn I ordered 10.5 EEE from endless in strands. Having it proxied to me so they better have gotten the size right or else I'll be in big trouble cuz of the proxy.

6. bl@ster

[email protected] Distinguished Member

Question: Do the AE Macneil longwings tend to run TTS or large on the sizing? I'm looking to grab a pair online...

7. The Deacon

The Deacon Distinguished Member

Yes, it's gone. I had been looking for these and the Hinsdale in my size for a few years and finally lucked out. These Coles run large which is great for me! They closely resemble the RL Darltons I've owned but the construction and fit are different. These are of true mocassin construction while the Darlton is not.

8. The Deacon

The Deacon Distinguished Member

Webay! (c)

9. VaderDave

VaderDave Distinguished Member

All of my AEs are 12Bs. These fit me perfectly right out of the box and are consistent with the other AEs I have.

10. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Got my walnut Dalton's and love them.

Any issue with using Obenhauf treatment on them for protection as I'll be wearing them a lot this winter?

11. tv2177

tv2177 Distinguished Member

my macneil is TTS. go for it. i m about to get another pair in walnut grain!

12. tv2177

tv2177 Distinguished Member

so the consensus on the board on the 5 and 2 lasts, aka the Players, 5th ave, or Strand, is to go one size wider and half a size smaller, am I right?

13. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Dunno about the #2, but you're right for the #5.

However, if you have a higher instep, you may want to consider going up half a size and keeping the width for Allen Edmonds' 5-65 lasts (scroll down to the images at the end of the article).

I haven't had time to check this more closely yet, but the last may come with a rather flat instep. That's a possible explanation I've found in the forum. The (rather) flat instep and the slightly narrow width would explain why some people simply size-up.

14. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

15. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior Member

I have the Macneils, and they run TTS IMO. Very comfortable. The shoes I've tried of AE's that I've had to change sizes in have been the Bel-Air and Randolph (up 1/2 size) and the Leeds (down a width). Nothing on the executive rubber last fits my foot at all b/c of the narrow tow box (Presidio, Lombard, etc.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.