1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I saw the Winterpark in the store. I like it much better than the MacNeil.

2. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

i am a sucker for those thinner flat laces, a la alden.

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Sanderson is a great looking shoe, as is the Winter Park. They got the idea from themselves, as the Sanderson is the Williams, which is on the 2 last.

[​IMG]

But great to see a nice wingtip on the 1 last. But this interesting - the Walnut Winter Park has 5 blind eyelets, while the black has 4 round eyelets:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

The Sanderson might be the nicest AE shoe I own. The burnishing on the brown model is fantastic and it somehow looks like a relatively sleek longwing.

5. md2010

md2010 Senior member

All RL shoes are on custom last. Sanderson is on a custom last that is similar to 2 last. Below is mine after one and half years of service !
    [​IMG]

6. jd82

jd82 Member

Thanks! I think I'll try the AE full-toe's. I have a pair of their regular shoe trees that I really like.

Any recommendations on treating the boots? I have Saphir Pate de Luxe that I was going to initially treat them with.

7. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

Should one not order the normal size with the Neumok?
    Just checking.

8. slam

slam Well-Known Member

I wish I was a size 11 instead of 10.5. I'd totally pickup these AE Belmonts on Amazon for $90.

9. jd82

jd82 Member

Jealousy <------

10. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

and more widths than just D

11. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Gah I can't believe I missed that sale. Beautiful shoes.

12. Archimon

Archimon Member

Was thinking about picking up my first pair of AE's. Going to be going to college this summer for at least the next four years and was interested in some recommendations for a casual shoe (I'm drawn to wingtips) to go with jeans and Khakis. The most I would ever wear them with would be some chinos and a sports coat, MAYBE a pair of wool trousers and a sports coat, but that's not a requirement for the shoe. I was drawn to Suede Neumoks, the Snuff brown ones. Any opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated.

13. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

I got my Tan Elgin seconds in today. In general, I am very happy with them. I wear 8.5D Strands, so I first tried 8D McTavishes, but they ended up being too tight on my toes. These 8.5D Elgins feel pretty good. My only concern has to do with some bowing at the top. Let me show some picture for comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do y'all think. Should I be concerned about this? My guess is this is why they're seconds, but I'm unclear how this could've even happened in manufacturing, unless they used wide upper with a D last.

14. Essential

Essential Senior member

Basically I want some good boots for snow or rain, made in the USA, etc. I live in NYC so the rain and snow isn't too heavy most of the time. I was going to go with the 6" Chippewa boots but the AE Yuma is on sale for nearly the same price and looks so much better (and I just LOVE AE). Would the Yuma's be suitable for NYC weather? Since there's leather on it, I'm afraid it'll get ruined and deteriorate quickly as well.

15. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I suggest you look at the McTavish - great casual wingtip that would fit your situations. 4 colors to choose from.

Maybe the walnut grain MacNeil - a bit less casual, but would still fit your situations.

Chris

16. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Those are fantastic. Whoever snagged the Sandersons in 7D, feel free to hit me up if you change your mind. Someone was quicker on the draw (snagging the tan ones) than I was.

17. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I was also interested in the 7D but alas, when I called, it was already gone. Hindsight might have been okay since I already have WAY too many shoes... that are longwings... or tan... or bluchers...

18. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Step off, bro (never my bro)!

(I'm just messing with you, but I want them.)

19. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

^^^This is why I love this thread. Not my sizes, but if they were, I'd pounce. Keep em coming!

20. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

My wallet and I don't see eye-to-eye on the value of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.