Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamk77

adamk77 Member

I found it at the outlet store. Luckily, they happened to have 1 pair in my size.

A quick question if anyone can answer:

I have the Wilson Leather Water and Stain Repellant and the conditioner. Would it be okay to use it on the boot?

2. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

I think I have felt this way too, but not vocalized it... I agree, no real appeal for me either for the patent leather Macallisters.
    Just means that my wallet will be sparred until the next must have shell web gem.

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Just read about the new vs old burgundy shell colors. Anybody have a side by side comparison?

I recently picked up the J. Crew Alden #8 cap toe boot and as much as I love my burgundy shell Leeds & MacNeil, Alden's color #8 sure is stunning. Maybe even more so than the AE burgundy. They also take an amazing shine.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012

4. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

I'm looking for some advice on my next AE purchases. I just received my Park Ave. in black calf and I'm looking for advice on my second and third AE purchases. I need another option for a navy suit along with a third more casual choice. Perhaps a Bourbon Strand with a Dalton in...??? Looking for any suggestions you all may have.

5. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

I am puzzled that AE can produce one-off weirdness like this and yet hasn't offered a proper patent formal tuxedo shoe, like the Ritz or the Copley, in the last couple of years.

^^ This man speaks the truth. I can probably afford three shell webgems a year... and that outlay will prevent me from buying lesser shoes.

elstinnett, it's tough to go wrong with that bourbon Strand -- it's a gorgeous color and a classic shoe. I've been looking really hard at some gunboats like the Macneil or Larchmont (which to me looks STUNNING in bourbon); the open lacing and heavy broguing is more casual, but I'd still happily wear them with a navy suit to occasions for which the PAs might be too stiff.

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I sure wish they would come back out with the Dalton in Walnut shell again.

Is it possible to order something like this from AE even though they don't currently advertise it on their website.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

7. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

In my experience, you need to call online CS and ask. They will check with the Powers That Be and get back to you.

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Also, I think they charge a custom order fee that's around $100.

9. badgerbrush

badgerbrush Active Member

just picked up a pair of walnut Strands for $210 on Amazon (my first pair of AE!). many sizes are around $261 (if the seller is Amazon proper), and if you sign up for Amazon emails you'll get a 20% off coupon. better than the Nordstom sales imo.

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Congrats and enjoy your strands. Welcome to the forum.

11. badgerbrush

badgerbrush Active Member

Thanks!

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank guys.

I might just do that.

Interested in picking up a shell boot in lighter shade and it appears as the wait for Alden Ravello could be a long one.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012

13. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Congrats, the walnut Strands are very nice indeed.

14. Mulligan142

Mulligan142 Member

Did the same with the Walnut strand deal on Amazon today. Great price for new shoes, just remember to sign up for Amazon's 20% shoe discount through their newsletter.

15. lobox42

lobox42 Member

I own that Webgem Macllister ain red,white and blue they are super cool shoes just I wear twice in July and everybody say good things about the shoes, they are my first AE shoes after that I owm 5 pairs, Players sand and white,Mctavish tan color, the webgem red,white and blue and a black Strawfut, I'm so happy for own this shoes...and I'm hunting for one more webgem... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.