• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just picked up a pair of wilberts for rainy days, but the wife thinks that they are "old manish" :p
 - for you guys with wilberts how old are you guys?  I'm 28

I'm 32 and bought them when I was 29. I'll be the first to agree that they aren't the hippest shoe in my stable, but they're a good standby and very versatile on the casual end of the spectrum. I've rocked them with everything from a tan linen suit to flannel-lined jeans. The brown outland leather ages better than any other shoe I own so far. Disclaimer: at first I only bought them because precisely zero other goodyear-welted shoes were available on the planet with a rubber sole in size 14AA, but since then they've grown on me quite a bit.

In other news, look what came in the mail today from allaboutshoes:

They fit just fine over the thicker socks that I'd wear with boots anyway, they are absolutely flawless, and the finish matches my shell wallet perfectly. :bigstar:

Now I just need to put in the time and elbow grease to get their finish up to Cold Iron standards... :slayer:

itsmejson

Reaction score
You're asking the wrong question. The correct question is whether you like them and whether they are harmonious with the image you are trying to create. Stick around long enough and you will realize that people here of all ages will ooh and ahh over shoes that are too trendy for your tastes or too clunky/traditional for the stye you have developed.

I could tell you that I'm 40 and don't like the Wilberts because your wife is right, but then that would lead to six posts agreeing with me and another six saying that they are in their 20's and love their Wilberts - and you would be back to the exact same place you are now, trying to decide if you like them or not.
I'm 32 and bought them when I was 29. I'll be the first to agree that they aren't the hippest shoe in my stable, but they're a good standby and very versatile on the casual end of the spectrum. I've rocked them with everything from a tan linen suit to flannel-lined jeans. The brown outland leather ages better than any other shoe I own so far. Disclaimer: at first I only bought them because precisely zero other goodyear-welted shoes were available on the planet with a rubber sole in size 14AA, but since then they've grown on me quite a bit.

They fit just fine over the thicker socks that I'd wear with boots anyway, they are absolutely flawless, and the finish matches my shell wallet perfectly.
bigstar[1].gif

Now I just need to put in the time and elbow grease to get their finish up to Cold Iron standards...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
thanks random. I purchased the brown outland leather and I really liked the way they looked w/ my dark blue jeans.

Congrats w/ the the new boots!

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just picked up a pair of wilberts for rainy days, but the wife thinks that they are "old manish" :p
 - for you guys with wilberts how old are you guys?  I'm 28

Mid 40's a I love my Wilberts. If you like them, wear them.

Chris

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cottonwood was designed to compliment the Neumok line.

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi mate, I have both pairs. Leather quality on these are better than AE . The finish on these RLs are flawless and at least 3/4 times better than AE. Hard to believe they are made by AE !
[COLOR=FF00AA]Are the Saunders the same as the Malvern?[/COLOR]
No
**Just keep in mind these RL shoes are made on a really narrow last. It could be either AE 2 last or a special last just for RL. I always go half size up on most RL shoes. The Saunders I went 1/2 size up and still a bit tight around the toe area.**

Last edited:

horsey shoes

Reaction score

They fit just fine over the thicker socks that I'd wear with boots anyway, they are absolutely flawless, and the finish matches my shell wallet perfectly.
bigstar[1].gif

Now I just need to put in the time and elbow grease to get their finish up to Cold Iron standards...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Congrats on the new boots... are those burgundy or a dark walnut shell?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bigstar[1].gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Very nice!!!

Congrats.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- for you guys with wilberts how old are you guys? I'm 28
Why does age seem to come up so often?

Either you like them or you don't.

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

0ShinAkuma0

Reaction score
Winston S, the Navy Neumok is Leather (For suede, they have it in Snuff and tan suede)
Here's a picture of my Navy Neumoks and short video review.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- for you guys with wilberts how old are you guys? I'm 28
Your wife is right - the WIlbert is too old manish. Here's why:

1. Beefroll on the vamp
2. Cushion thingy along the opening.

You're better served going with the Delray - it's sleeker and more modern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics