Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I missed those earlier horsey, Very Nice! If I was an 8E I would be emailing the shoebank right now. Enjoy.
    Dundee in Walnut Shell, you can try the MTO program. JubeiSpiegel has mentioned it helps to work with a SA at an AE store, that would be my first shot. Or....
    I'm thinking that would be an outstanding idea and likely generate a lot of interest bucksfan. If AE would play that is, and they seem pretty easy to work with.
    I really wish I did but have no cappuccino (AKA truffle) shell yet. They made me 2 dark browns instead one of the truffle. You are correct they will be slightly darker. When this project started she sent me a sample of all the 3 brown colors. I used the sample sheet to compare with the ones that came in and it is spot on:

[​IMG]

Hope that helps and look forward to seeing yours. Hopefully they will show up soon!

2. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

speaking of AE MTO, would anyone want to put together a group MTO of the original mora (not the neumora) in the old brown suede? i've been looking on ebay for a pair for what seems like forever. at this point, i think i would rather just pay the MTO upcharge.

3. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

In my avatar pic, I have the truffle shell McAl next to the walnut shell strand.
    If you are looking at both shoes in low light, they are very close in hue. Add more light and you can see the truffle is darker and more brown than the walnut gold/yellow that comes out.
    Truffle is still light than brown shell, which has more purple tones than red in the brown shell strands I have.

4. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

That is pretty compelling...

5. lobox42

lobox42 Member

:)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  6. lobox42

lobox42 Member

Please someone here can help me with some info! :)

7. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Sorry, I'm really not sure what you're asking about the soles. Your webgems have combination tap soles but your previous pair does not? Are you trying to add rubber soles to your previous pair? You may be able to just get a topy added by a local cobbler. Can someone speak to whether this prevents recrafting in the future? I sure would guess it wouldn't matter since it's just an extra layer over the sole.

If it's a problem with your order, I suggest you contact AE support.

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I read your post, but I am having a hard time figuring out what your question is.

9. lobox42

lobox42 Member

My friends, I;m from Peru I speak Spanish is no problem with my order just I love to wear this nices shoes in my country just can be ruin and I have the Webgems wity the ruber sole and I love to have ruber in the sole in my others shoes ...is posible??

10. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I'll add to the temptation. The walnut McAllister is most likely my favorite calf shoe. With walnut shell Dalton's and walnut shell Strand.

[​IMG]

Even though I have the Cambridge in #8 shell I often consider getting the McAllister in Merlot. It is that great of a shoe IMO.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Man, I think a heavy brogue wingtip (Mcallister) looks better than a heavy brogue cap toe (Strand). Definitely getting Amsterdam bourbon if available through the shoe bank or brown Jefferson.

12. meister

meister Senior member

Good assessment and totally correct.

13. bpanicola

bpanicola Senior member

They look like a great shoe for Jeans. How is the fit to size as compared to other AE shoes?

14. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Just bumping this to move that other shit off the front page.

15. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

I'm looking for any experience or advice on the Burgundy Shell Cordovan Park Avenues. The local AE outlet near me has a pair of seconds in my size. Looking at them in person, they don't have any obvious defects. I'm just not sure about the color. They aren't a very deep burgundy IMO, and almost have a very slight dark pinkish twinge to their color. Has anyone else had this type of experience? I guess it is possible that the white bloom that was on them was making them look lighter/pinker than they otherwise would after brushing, etc. The blooming was very apparent around the stitching which almost looked like white toothpaste residue. If the color will not become richer/darker than what I saw, then it is safe to say that I don't care for their color. I would also hesitate to buy such expensive shoes under the assumption that polish may help correct the color. I am afraid that I don't have any pictures. Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.