Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Thank you! [​IMG]

That pic is about 6 months old and little out of date (some additions / deletions / replacements) but I haven't re-shot it yet.

2. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Are you asking if you are still missing the color? The color is Brown. [​IMG]

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

And what happens when they crease in a different spot based on how your foot flexes? Sorry, this method sounds like a recipe for getting excessive creasing.

4. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I think what he's getting at is the brown in your picture and the one you quoted appears to be substantially different. This could be merely due to different camera settings.

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Heel slippage is a big red flag. Take the 8.5D Vernons with you to the AE store and try on an 8 and compare the fits. I know the store is 30 miles away, but you are going to kick yourself a year from now if you hardly wear the shoe because of the heel slippage.

6. atoms

atoms Senior member

+1. If you notice any heel slippage, you should seek a better fit.

7. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Some would say it is the other way around too... In any event the customer service at AE is what sets them apart from pretty much everyone else IMO.

Rainy, windy and cold with urban flooding switching to snow later in the day. First time in 6 months I have even touched the Cascades. Saphir middle brown (IIRC) cream.

[​IMG]

When I first got them was surprised how long they were and I tried to hand them off to my oldest son (25) who is half a size larger than me. He said they were too long for him also. I ended up keeping them and realized the more I wore them the more I liked them, and they creased where they should. Out of all the shoes I own they are the only ones the secretary has ever commented on and she said they were stylish. Go figure.

8. MoneyWellSpent

That may be. I wasn't trying to make a smart comment, and it probably is a case of a camera flash or something like that.

9. jch1

jch1 Senior member

And I certainly didn't intend to insinuate that you were! With that said, it is strange that there is such a difference in colors of the two pictures, assuming neither were treated with any type of leather oil or similar products.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

10. MoneyWellSpent

I agree. That is one of main hold-up with the Cronmoks. They do seem to look quite different depending on the lighting (as many shoes do) but with these I seem to like the color in some lighting but not in others. I am afraid that in some lighting I would look at my feet and do this [​IMG] and in some lighting I would do this [​IMG] or worse, even this [​IMG].

11. OldManMachine

OldManMachine Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for your response and suggestion. Since the store does not carry the Vernon in 8D, do you guys know if an AE sales rep would be willing to order and bring it in so I can try it with the possibility of not buying?

12. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

They do; the Wolverine 744LTD's [​IMG]

13. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

Or a shoe on a different last. That is both the curse and beauty of AE.

14. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

yea lol. The brown between the two pictures are so different. With that being said, the brown leather pics on the AE website is a lot closer to the picture I googled than the one posted.

So I guess the question is..how do we walk around with 'camera flash on' all day? [​IMG]

15. MoneyWellSpent

Maybe they are designed to look good on celebrities being chased by the paparazzi. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.