1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I see the Amoks are currently down to $147. Can anyone comment on sizing compared to the 5-last or 8-last, as well as any overall opinions about the shoe? thanks

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Yep. Found it here. http://menfashionadvice.com/2012/al...strands-at-nordstrom-update-to-caveat-emptor/

I view selling seconds to the Rack as fine. It's not the same as selling a differently manufactured shoes.

As for the earlier about whether seconds sold the Rack are marked as seconds, I wonder the same. AE marks their own; seems like it would be easy to do the same for Rack.

3. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

I did correct myself.. any Magnanni shoe is quality, especially the leather soled Mateo's i found. I was just saying that the majority of the Magnanni's they have at the Rack are clearly dated, and typically rubber soled.

In addition to your comments about AE, I too saw a brown suede neumora (it was hideous) and also saw a brown suede fifth street boot. In addition, lots of double soled bluchers and their "ae" line with the rubber sole.

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Dear Mr....

Our annual February Sale will be taking place this February 4th - 18th. We will be offerings savings of 15-50% on our entire current collection of factory second styles. Included in those savings will be 50% savings on the Delary in black and chili; now $134.50, 45% savings on the Parkway in black, walnut or brown; now $149, 30% savings on the Maxfield in black and chili; now $149, and many more great features to choose from.

In addition, new this year we will have select apparel items with savings of 40-60% off their original price - including sport coats, vests, shirts, ties and socks.

I hope you are able to make it out to the store or order by phone during this event.

Thank you,

Edward Wickham

Allen Edmonds Outlet - Freeport
    32 Main St
    Freeport, Maine 04032-1239
    Telephone: 207-865-6222
    E-mail: freeport@allenedmonds.com

5. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Did anyone get an invite to meat Paul Grangaard at your local AE store? I'm not sure if he is going to multiple places, but I received an invite for a meet and greet at the State St. store in Boston. Feb 5th, 5-7pm.

6. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

thats an excellent price on the delrays.

I need a new pair of beaters. delrays in chili may be the ticket.

7. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

These are Sanfords, no? Or some other captoe blucher.

8. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  9. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

10. MoneyWellSpent

All seconds are marked by AE at the factory with the branded shoe mark on the sole. The seconds found at the Rack are no exception.

11. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

12. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

I noticed that as well... it could be an older designed Sanford as well. If memory serves me correction, some AE models have kept their name but have undergone a decent amount of transformations throughout the years.

13. MoneyWellSpent

You are right about that as well. Looking back through their archives will reveal shoes with the same name, but very different appearances.

14. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

It doesn't appear to be burnished, so I'll say the Colton. I have the shoe in that color.

15. bargerhm

bargerhm Active Member

You are correct, my mistake. Strands have 6 eyelets, these have 5. They are Sanfords.

16. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Between the detail on the toe cap, the five eyelets and the apparent lack of burnishing, I'd have to agree with your guess. It looks like the Colton.

Now, when I ordered them, I really thought these Jingle Bell Moks were too holiday-oriented to last past Christmas day, but with the subtleness of the green (it looks rather grey), I've found they work just fine with jeans even a month later.

[​IMG]

17. ejomby

ejomby Active Member

Anyone have any shell Daltons? I have a pair coming my way. Wonder if you have any pics, or thoughts on the fit and how they've held up.

18. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Which ones are on the way? Walnut or burgundy? I have both. My walnut shells are unlined and about eight months old. The burgundy are lined and I've only had them two months and they have only a few wears. The walnut shells have been treated with Venetian Shoe Cream and Saphir Reno. The burgundy have only seen Reno.

Don't expect these AE shells to shine like say, Alden shell. I don't particularly like really shiny shoes/boots so I'm happy with them. The walnut particularly, have almost a matte look.

Enjoy your Daltons. They are my favorite AEs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: as far as fit --- for me, they fit pretty much TTS. I actually like the 1 (511) last a lot.

19. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

20. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Those are gorgeous, man. I really wish AE would crank out some more walnut shell options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.