1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Well-Known Member

Ack! :crazy: That's a blucher. I hope that is not their only upcoming boot offering.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

No, but the others are no better. Chukkas with velcro straps and a split toe with velcro straps . . it's unbelievable. They've been introducing crazy shoes lately, but this goes too far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

^^ That an early april fools or something [​IMG]

4. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

It is. I got a sneak peak at the upcoming s/s 2013 offerings. Thankfully, they did not include any of those shoes.

5. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Well-Known Member

"Awww, he got the velcro!" - Macklemore

6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

LOL you've been on a roll lately... Nice to see.

The Fifth Street has been listed on and off as a closeout for more than a year now. I purchased mine for ~$220 a year ago as a closeout. They may mean it this time, not sure.

7. NukeMeSlowly

NukeMeSlowly Well-Known Member

Oh you cheeky shit. You had me going with that velcro monstrosity. :tounge:

8. masernaut

masernaut Well-Known Member

I ordered my factory second shoes over the weekend, and while talking to Vincenzo, he mentioned that Allen Edmonds "can still ship with USPS for the next few months." Not the exact quote, but it's along the same lines.

Is the Shoe Bank switching over to Fed Ex or another shipping company? This may not affect anyone in the USA, but for me in Canada, USPS shipping is not just cheaper, but brokerage charges over the border are cheaper as well. It's the main reason I've been hesitant to purchase firsts from the AE website (min. $40 shipping for firsts compared to $25 + $5 for following pairs for seconds).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  9. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

10. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Well-Known Member

11. jjr4884

jjr4884 Well-Known Member

Oh I am well aware of scuffing them up a little, it was just an observation that the cedar used with AE lasts significantly longer, and the color is different as well, reddish almost.

Last pair that just arrived... 3rd pair of strands (Walnut being recrafted right now, and cordovan.) I absolutely love the bourbon, gorgeous color, however I do wish they did a natural (slightly darker than natural) welt on it. Regardless, my new favorite shoe.

[​IMG]

12. jns425

jns425 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if any AE stores still carry the "Catskill" model? I saw them listed on Lands End and I really like how they look, but I usually take a wide and they only have standard sizes.

13. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

Unbelieveable, I've been asking AE to build a Strand for me MTO using Neumok leathers. I was told no more than once. And now this?

14. samnc

samnc Well-Known Member

I got some AE shoes and I will have to go down in size...unfortunately, I forgot to return the shoetrees for a smaller size. Can a size L shoetrees work for a 10D AE shoe? According to the chart, 10.5D is the cutoff for a size L...will a size L in a 10D mess my shoes up, or should I exchange them for a size M?

15. jns425

jns425 Well-Known Member

I would try to exchange if possible. I was always told that if you are on the line, go for the smaller size.

16. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

Go with a Medium (full toe) or a large (split toe).

17. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

Real or not, I couldn't force myself to wear that shoe. The white-pink sole/edging/welt kill it IMO. But to each their own ....

18. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

Meh, this make up is more SWD. But I still want a Strand in casual leather. Kind of annoying that they would do this and not the other rough leathers. After seeing some of the WebGems, I think my request is perfectly reasonable.

Expect to see the Strandmok come out as a WebGem if it's real.

19. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Well-Known Member

I find myself strangely intrigued by the Daltons in grey, especially at $197. Thoughts from the collective? For those with the grey AEs, how versatile do you find them?

20. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Well-Known Member

DISREGARD, double post.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.