• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm33

Reaction score
I received an email from AE today, notifying me that my burgundy shell Daltons have shipped. Hopefully I can post pics by the end of the week.

Edit: Ha - looks like I'm not the only one! ^ :)

Last edited:

bpanicola

Reaction score
I am waiting for my tan Cronmoks, a walnut belt, and a number of polishes and brushes to arrive. I am trying to decide if I should order a pair of Cognac Mctavish tomorrow before the sale ends or wait for a 2 for $300 sale. How often does AE have sales? Will it be before the holidays or after?

I currently have black and burgundy PA's, black Boston single monk strap, chestnut Troy and Chester, Chili Byron and Dellwood, brown Mora and Easton and of course the incoming Cromok.

So I have a lot of bases covered and can wait if another opportunity will present itself especially since I also want to buy a pair of Strand or Parkways as well.

theinternet

Reaction score
bpanicola, I just bought a pair of tan Cronmoks and a pair of cognac McTavish as well. I like the cut of your jib.

Last edited:

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts on the Maxfield?  I love them, but my 2 pairs ( one two-tone, one light br) are worn out after 4 or 5 rebuilds each and I need to replace them with ???

Cheers,

They still make the Maxfield. But they also re-introduced the Woodstock. I have the Woodstock and Maxfield - I like them both and they both fit very similarly.

Chris

mikeharo

Reaction score
What's the story with the 2 for $300 sale? A few pages back someone said they aren't doing it anymore? Is it in stores only or do they post it on the website? I don't remember seeing anything on the website about it over the past 18 months....

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like Allen Edmonds listens to their critique of making "boring shoes." However, they answer by making really weird and odd shoes with quirky features. Some of the shoes they sell are shocking.

mystix

Reaction score
I want to add another shoe to my rotation but not sure which one to get.
I currently have a shell burgundy macneil, black ecco shoes(meh).

I am itching to get another pair of shell cordovans. The shoe bank has a pair of burgundy and brown shell park avenues.
I can't find any live pictures of the brown ones and the burgundy pictures vary widely. The pictures on AE site does not look like true representation of the shoes.

Which color should I purchase? My other option is to wait and get the brown shell strands.

mystix

Reaction score
mikeharo: The 2 for $300 sale occurred around a month ago.

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score

What's the story with the 2 for $300 sale? A few pages back someone said they aren't doing it anymore? Is it in stores only or do they post it on the website? I don't remember seeing anything on the website about it over the past 18 months....

no, some are saying they aren't going to do the 2 for $200 anymore. in my limited experience i have not seen the 2 for $300--which will hopefully still pop up now and again--advertised on their website, as it's a shoebank seconds thing. i just hear about it here and on aaac and then contact the shoebank to confirm...

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to add another shoe to my rotation but not sure which one to get.
I currently have a shell burgundy macneil, black ecco shoes(meh).

I am itching to get another pair of shell cordovans. The shoe bank has a pair of burgundy and brown shell park avenues.
I can't find any live pictures of the brown ones and the burgundy pictures vary widely. The pictures on AE site does not look like true representation of the shoes.

Which color should I purchase? My other option is to wait and get the brown shell strands.

If all you have is a pair of shell cordovans and black ecco shoes, I'd get 2 pairs of calf shoes before getting one pair of cordovan...

atoms

Reaction score
These are my McTavish shoes in Natural Tan plus a couple coats of leather conditioner. I notice the dark cognac is popular here but if you're looking for a brighter and more casual look these get the job done. They have a red hue and go well with jeans or cords. They are probably too bright for navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads