1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastfiat81

fastfiat81 Active Member

Were they too far gone? Or they refused to?  Thats weird, because im pretty sure they should recraft any pair of Allen Edmonds, as long as they arent too ruined...
    Were these seconds from an outlet?

The uppers were in great shape as were the lining/insole. No real obvious flaw really, but must have been the way the leather was cut or something. AE just refused to resole them. I picked them up from a consignment store so they were originally not mine to begin with. I sent them to B. Nelson who did a great job reworking them. I should have scraped off the "W" like somone mentioned. :satisfied:

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Just checked the AE website, they have all the Italian Collection loafers for $199! Is that some kind of mistake?! No live operator available to confirm... :eek:

3. Barroomheroes

Barroomheroes Well-Known Member

Just picked up these new Kenilworth's online for $185.. Spent an hour with some Kiwi last night.. So far I love them! [​IMG]

4. JubeiSpiegel

Over exposed pic aside, looks like you have a nice shine on those. Good find, especially at that price! :slayer:

5. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

Daltons are a bit wide, which is great for me. Im on the wider side of D and often E, and daltons fit a bit snug one one toe on my left foot, but otherwise perfect.

6. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

The 1 last is a bit wider, IIRC

7. rostov

rostov Senior member

Pics of my Ashburys. Note that in the comparison shot (Strands, Park Aves, Ashbury) that the Strands are a 9.5EEE, the PAs are 10EEE, and the Ashburys are 10.5EEE. Obviously, the Ashburys are on a different last, but I didn't expect them to be *so* long. The difference from a 9.5 to a 10 is much less than from the 10 to the 10.5! (I've been told the 5 last was the longest last - apparently not true!).

Not only was it probably a mistake to size-up in the Ashburys in general, but the super-long-last makes it especially roomy.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. xieish

xieish Member

I picked up a pair of Bayfields in a 9.5 E. Hopefully they fit, I'm about a 10D in Strands, but most of that is for width. I can get away with a 9.0 -> 10.0 depending on the width.

9. blsing

blsing Well-Known Member

Could be a stupid question...but I see AE shoes on ebay all the time that have the size on the inside and then what looks like a serial number...usually looks like silver-ish color, its towards the back on the lining of the shoe. None of my shoes that I have bought from AE or Nordstrom's have that. Can anyone explain what that is?

10. pisces8113

pisces8113 Member

teh shoe on the right isnt AE as the poster stated but can anyone tell me what brand/model they are? or what type of shoe are they so i can do a search for a similar style shoe. thanks in advance!

11. cincydavid

cincydavid Well-Known Member

The garden spot of the universe, Cincinnati OH, US
    What about discontinued models that you had/wish they would put back into production? My first AE shoe, in the late 80s, was called Arlington...wingtip slip-on with tassels and a huge kilt...wore those things just about to pieces in my first sales job right out of college. I would love to find a NOS pair in black calf. One other shoe I had in the 80s, and recently found at Goodwill, barely worn, was the Bridgeton, u-toe slip on with a medallion, tassels on a strap and short kilt. I had them in an English tan color, and bought them again in the same color.

I may be dating myself, but I really like tassels, and I have always liked kilts.

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I have 3 pair of Bridgeton - bourbon, burgundy, and black. Great shoe that I would love to see back in production.

I always wanted the Sanford to come back - and it did come back last year. I was very happy to see the Sanford return.

Chris

13. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Just an update on the Bayfield heel problem I posted about: http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/900#post_4975561

I sent them back using AE's prepaid UPS label for recrafting and got a call from them today. The AE rep said they had received them and typically it would take 2 weeks for the recrafting process which there would be no charge for. I told her I was leaving the country on 12/26 so I'd like to make sure they arrive before then or wait and send them in January as I didn't really want a box sitting on my front porch for a week and a half while I'm gone. She said she couldn't promise that my boots would arrive before I left so she would just go ahead and send me a new pair instead of recrafting my old ones. Great customer service AE!

Fred

14. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

How should I be treating my Walnut Strands? Will be getting them tomorrow (can't wait!) and wondering what kind of polish etc. I need.

15. ElDave

ElDave Senior member

Tassels are one thing, but really...kilts?

16. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

You will be shocked how light they are when you get them. They darken up to a great color after a few applications of AE's walnut shoe polish. Natural color heel and sole edge dressing as well. I also on occasion apply some AE conditioner/cleaner. They've become my favorite shoe. Enjoy!

17. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

that sounds like a good deal to me!

18. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

quick question, do shoe bank provide tracking or u just have to wait?

19. JubeiSpiegel

I'll add that you need to use the conditioner on the upper before first time use. I apply a little conditioner after every use as well. It will soften the leather and help keep the naturally forming creases to a minimum.

Otherwise, enjoy.

20. RZach

RZach Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you say this. I don't usually condition every time I wear, but I do at least every time I polish. The previous poster had me concerned I might be over-conditioning, but I feel like that would be difficult to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.