Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

I had the van ness, they were great shoes, and very versatile. Obviously good for wet weather. Their last is a lot different from the 5 last that the 5th aves are on. I really liked the executive sole and poron insole, but that last is just too narrow for me. I ended up getting rid of the van ness and getting the strand and hopefully the 5th ave soon.

The Lombards are on the same last as the van ness, so of you like those, the Lombards should fit you well.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. dstar515

dstar515 Member

How come those look a lot darker than the Walnut Strands I saw at Nordstrom?

3. dstar515

dstar515 Member

It is legit, I already ordered mine today from the Wisconsin outlet.

4. dstar515

dstar515 Member

How come those look a lot darker than walnuts?

5. dstar515

dstar515 Member

How come those look so dark compared to the ones I saw in person? Looks good though.

6. dstar515

dstar515 Member

How come those look so dark compared to the ones I saw in person? Looks good though.

7. habanos

habanos Senior member

For me the 5 last is the only way to go. I have a pair of Lombards and after a few hours i start thinking about how id rather be in my strands.

8. mwvt9

mwvt9 Member

I just got my first pair of AEs today in the mail - a pair of brown Fifth Avenue's 8.5E. I'm a little unsure of the width though. I had tried on a pair of PA in 8.5 D at the store and the left foot felt great but the right was a little tight. After reading on SF that many people go down a half size and up a width on the 5 last I went with the 8.5E (I'm normally a size 9). Now I am concerned the E is a bit too wide.

Should I have stuck with the D? Will it stretch a a bit after wearing it for awhile or should the shoe have no tight spots right out of the box?

9. Khurram

Khurram Active Member

The sale is definitely legit.
    Just placed a phone order for the Strands in Walnut and fifth ave in black:D
    Official start is tomorrow.

10. dstar515

dstar515 Member

lol same exact order as me ^^^

11. dstar515

dstar515 Member

You're right, those look amazing, but how come those are a lot darker than the ones I saw in person?

12. dstar515

dstar515 Member

And to the post a couple posts back, you're right the brown and grey look good but how come those look darker than the ones I saw in person?

13. RZach

RZach Well-Known Member

Great tip on the sale, thanks for the heads up. Definitely looking to place an order. Is calling the shoe bank when they open in the morning definitely going to be the best way to go? Or will these offers be available online as well? Offers haven't changed yet, but I'm guessing they may be done on central time and maybe not until the morning anyway.

14. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

I grabbed up a pair of Amoks and Daltons just at the closing bell tonight. I really wanted the Fifth Street too, but that'd make four pairs of shoes purchased in one weekend (I purchased a pair of AE for BB at 45% off earlier)--my wife would kill me (she still might!).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  15. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Seconds are not online, you need to contact the shoe bank or an AE outlet store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.