Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I wear my walnut strands with jeans when I wear a blazer and dress shirt with jeans. For the most part I only wear my strands on special occasions as they are my nicest pair of shoes I own.

Also, I generally purchase the same size shoe regardless of the last. I own 3 pairs of AE to date, and for the most part that rule has worked out. The exception is with the Malvern which are a bit loos so I wear a thicker dress sock.

2. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Agreed - they are great! I believe the Clifton are only sold through Nordstrom (and seconds through the AE outlets)

3. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

just gotten black macneil. looks awesome.

4. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

So can anyone clarify what SF User "Bucksfan" was posting about regarding this sale (2 / $300 seconds)

Delray
    black, chili

Strand
    walnut

Boston
    Black

New Orleans
    walnut

LaSalle
    black, chili

Maxfield
    chili

Clifton
    black, walnut

Randolph
    black

Firenze
    black, brown

Fifth Avenue
    black, brown, walnut

Will these be available as seconds on the Allen Edmonds website tomororw (11/29?) I'd be in for a pair of Strands and Fifth Ave's if this is possible. Will I have to call an outlet store and have them ship me the shoes in my size?

Thanks

5. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

This new sale is supposedly starting tomorrow. I imagine those of us who are on the email list will receive our email tonight or tomorrow AM. These are seconds, and you must visit or contact an outlet or contact the "shoe bank" in order to purchase them. Yes, they will have to ship them to you, unless you go to an outlet store.

Good choices...

6. dstar515

dstar515 Member

Hope this deal is true! I want a pair of walnut Strands and deciding between a Clifton or Fifth Aces. Which would look better with a suit? Getting it in black.

7. blsing

blsing Well-Known Member

Called Edward in the Maine outlet...it starts tomorrow, but you can preorder today. Bucksfan nailed the sales items, and they are indeed factory seconds. Like all other factory second items, quantity is limited, they didnt have my first choice, so I would call today if you can.

8. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior member

Go for the Fifth Avenue - the balmoral style is best suited for black and suits. Enjoy!

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Thanks. So I'm going to go back to that store and hopefully that same sales associate wont be there because I aint buying from him when they are selling for $400 here :foo:. I will make sure I try on a 5 last shoe from AE as thats what the Strand is right?

I loved the EEE though, wow never knew I had wide feet. I have to go to the store today though so I can place the order at endless tonight. $100 off order of over $100 brings price to $220 ~. Not bad I think?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

worst experience with my Randolph so far. went to the store during the fall sale and had my foot measured by the store manager and he told me i am a size 10.5D, even though I am usually a size 11D. But I go ahead and bought the 10.5D cuz it gives just a little heel slippage. For the first 2 weeks I am getting blisters in my toes so I take it back to the store and have them stretch for me on a cobbler. Today, first day wearing it after it's stretched, I am still getting those sore toes. I should've trust my instinct and take those 11D. Now I hope the store manager can do something about it......

11. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

My first foray into nicer dress shoes was a pair of AE Cliftons. Salesperson measured me as an 8D on the brannock. Shoes fit very snug, I assumed this was how most dress shoes fit until I started purchasing more, I realized I was pretty much TTS 8.5D in everything. Maybe AE salespeople just suck at measuring? I just chalked it up as a loss, even though the shoes still fit somewhat decently.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

Being a student, this seems to be a big loss to me. I guess I was really hoping that I can get it right the first time. But I guess I will call them tomorrow and see what they can do, if nothing, my pair should be up in B&S..........:facepalm:

13. dstar515

dstar515 Member

Ordered Walnut Strands and Black Fifth Avenues today from the shoe bank! Can't wait for them to come in. What do you guys think about wearing the walnut strands with a medium gray suit?

14. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

This is a superb deal and I'm pretty sure it's legit. My rep said there was a sale beginning in the next few days..I just got some Lombards but if I don't like them I may try to get the Fifth Avenues. My concern is that the Fifths are really similar to the Van Ness that I already own.

15. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Safe to say they look very nice with gray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.