Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Patriot

2. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

+1. This is the closest AE has come to Alden's LHS. I've never seen the Patriot in person, but they should offer this in shell cordovan.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Agreed.

4. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Give the Patriot a look, the leather was incredibly supple, just like their Italian loafer collection. Having said that, I also highly recommend the Italian collection. I'm extremely happy with them...

5. jch1

jch1 Senior member

I thought they do offer the Patriot in shell- an employee told me I could order it.

6. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Allen Edmonds does MTO at a premium - maybe this is what the employee was suggesting. This can get expensive, however. For a shell penny loafer, you might be better off with Alden.

7. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

If you guys read the narrative under the Patriot- "As if that's not enough, the Patriot is also featured in Genuine Horween[​IMG] Shell Cordovan leather with an exclusive black, burgundy, and brown finish burnished to rich perfection. The consummate country club shoe, the Patriot is sure to become our next American classic."

Shell might be coming as part of the Fall 2.0 release I suspect.

8. jcrewsmcknight

jcrewsmcknight Senior member

Does anyone have experience with Berwick loafers? I was wondering how the sizing runs. Usually wear a 7D/E, 7.5D, but can get some 7.5Cs- not sure if they will be too narrow.

[​IMG]

9. amathew

amathew Senior member

Thanks for the help folks. I ended up not getting a pair of loafers after all, but went with the Fifth Avenues as the discount
    on them was a little higher and I needed some dark brown dress shoes. I'll come back to the loafers when summer
    rolls around.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

10. ihaveaquestion

ihaveaquestion Active Member

Hi everyone,

My Fifth Ave just came in yesterday. I tried it on without socks last night and found the front to be very tight. There is virtually no room for any socks. Albeit, I did order the size 9B though.

My Clifton is size 8.5D, and it fits me fine. The Nordstrom staff measured my foot at 9.5...and when I said I wanted to go with 8.5 he was against it. But it fits fine. However, my Fifth Ave, which I don't have the luxury of trying it in store, doesn't fit me very well in terms of width.

My question is how much will the width widen as I wear them more often? Only certain sizes are on sale now. My other option is 8.5E or 8.5EEE, which should I go with? I feel the length on 9B is just fine.

Btw, please correct me if I am wrong. But I believe the Clifton is on the 2 last and Fifth Ave is on the 5 last.

11. imainish

imainish Senior member

Nice.....looking forward to my brown pair arriving.

12. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

Well, after wearing these for several hours in the office yesterday, they're going back. Echoing what many others have said, that toe box just doesn't work for me. Too bad, because I think they look great.

13. theinternet

theinternet Well-Known Member

I got a pair of Cronmoks from Amazon in the tan finish, but the finish in person is really light. It looks like an excessively pale version of the walnut finish, not like what was shown on their website. I love the boots, but not the color. I am sending them back and have ordered the same pair but in the brown finish directly through AE. Unfortunately, the wait is 3-5 weeks on that. Does anyone else have a pair of the brown finish and share their photos? I'm crossing my fingers that it comes as a medium brown.

The best way to describe the tan finish is that it nearly matched the leather portion of the sole of the boot just a few shades darker and with an uneven/worn look to it.

[​IMG]

14. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Can you post some pictures in normal light before you ship them?

15. theinternet

theinternet Well-Known Member

Too late :embar:, didn't think of it at the time. Damn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.