1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Yeah it's weird. I bought Delray seconds and mine aren't even as bad as those...

2. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

You should just pay $335 and get a pair that's not defective.

3. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Has anyone had any online experience with Hansens Clothing?

During the black friday sales someone mentioned them as they sell AE stuff, anyway I ordered a cpl of things from them but haven't heard anything since and shot an email through a cpl of days ago just seeing if everything was all good with the order and haven't heard back. Just mindful that I think with paypal I have within 30 days of the sale to dispute the transaction so with xmas sorta keeping a close eye on it.

4. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

I PM'd you, but I might as well share my idea with the rest of the class.

If they're still available at full price, you could order another pair. Once you receive it, you could compare the two pairs and choose your favorite. Then, run a return on the full-price ($335) order, and send back the pair you like the least.

Like that, you get to select a pair of firsts that you like and actually enjoy your discounted AE purchase. Considering you'd be taking a brand new pair of firsts in exchange for a brand new pair of unworn firsts, I don't think this is shady. It may be grey, but I feel it's a legitimate option considering you ordered the pair of firsts and that's all for which you're asking.

Now, I don't know how Amazon handles shoe returns, but I thought I'd toss that idea out there.

5. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

+1

6. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

Thanks for the advice all. Now that I've locked in the $217 price, I think I'll just wait until the brown Delrays are back in stock and exchange for another pair.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I actually only ordered from the Shoe bank once and I did get hit by tax. The other time I ordered from a seller on this forum and that was fine.

8. MakingChanges

MakingChanges Well-Known Member

They were unresponsive to me also on shoes I ordered from them. The shoes showed up last week drop shipped from AE. Customer service left a little bit to be desired, but since the pricing was attractive I'd still order from them again during a sale.

9. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Thanks for the reply mate, kinda disappointing though how hard is it to reply to an email, with the xmas break and me being away wouldn't surprise me if this whole thing goes walkabouts =\

10. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

I had a question about sizing that I could use some advice on.

I wear orthotics in my shoes so usually have a hard time sorting out sizing that works comfortably. Last time I was in the store I tried on the Benton's since they allow you to switch out the insoles and found 9E as a comfortable size. I didn't end up picking these up at the time because I needed something a little more formal and got the Vernon's. I tried these on in a 9E and found them very snug around my feet. I looked at the 9.5E but found that although there was more room for my feet there was too much space behind the heel that made it crease in an awkward way. I stuck with the 9E's and am continuing to break them in.

I'm looking at picking up the Long Branch to wear in the Canadian winter and was wondering if 9E's would be a good fit for me. Advice appreciated.

11. calidist

calidist Senior member

AEs through Amazon is really hit and miss. I've order five or six pairs. All but one either had been extensively tried on (so much so that there was creasing in different places and the soles were partially worn) or had significant defects. At least one of them worked out (Black 5th Aves) and it was a great price (sub $200), so I figure it is worth the hassle to order and hope for the best knowing that there's a good chance they will be returned.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I've never bought shoes there. I have bought numerous Robert Talbot ties there.

In my experience, their CS - at least via email - is horrible.

13. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Doesn't work that way with Amazon. Your only option is to return this pair and purchase a new pair at whatever price it is selling for at the time. I've returned AE's I purchased from Amazon and the return page was always very explicit that there are no exchanges - only returns. As others have said, Amazon is really hit or miss with AE's. I've gotten pairs that were clearly worn around the house for a few days (creases everywhere) and others that were perfect. I usually roll the dice with Amazon if the price is good and then just return if it comes up snake eyes.

14. iootong

iootong Member

If compare with Barrie last? Thanks

15. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

5.5D Barries is probably like 5.5E Leeds, at least in my opinion.

16. iootong

iootong Member

Oh..Leydon 5.5E fit for me , but Barrie 5.5D too long for me , So i dont know which size for me...:dozingoff:

17. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

Amazing for $99. Hope they release this color officially.

18. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I think most of us know the Cliftons, but man until I actually saw the Niles, I couldn't agree with you, but now that I own them totally agree.

19. Pundit

Pundit Senior member

1 person likes this.
  20. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

How on earth were they only $99?!?! paint me jelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.