Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I don't have pics of the Hamptons, but I saw them in person in a store and can say they look great. There is a subtle difference in textures due to smooth and pebbled leather being used. It's a terrific looking shoe; I actually prefer the solid color, even though the two-tone is more of a classic spectator.

Very tempted to get them, but the sale price is just mediocre.

Also - you're way behind the curve on the 5th Ave cap toe! It's discussed here often. :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

2. jch1

jch1 Senior member

Yeah I was in the process of exchanging for the Daltons when I turned around and saw the brown Hampton- gorgeous shoe. I just wanted to see it in the wild and with different pants. I think those will be my next pair. I'm at the stage now where I'm going to have to explain to my wife why I have so many pairs of relatively similar shoes!

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I prefer single monk more for a casual look and your Tricker's do look good for that, but my favorite that I have seen so far are the ones from DC Lewis and Kent Wang. Not sure if the ones you can buy from Kent are the same as the DC Lewis one, but I really like the styling of them.

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-monkstrap.html

Of course these are at a higher price point.

4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

So I have Strands, Park Avenue, and Cliftons...just wondering what ya'll are wearing jacket wise with these shoes in the winter? I already have a peacoat and am in need of something else to rotate. Leather jacket? Car coat?

5. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I think a longer single-breasted wool topcoat is a must have in the winter. Something tailored-fitting like this one from J.Crew is a great choice.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/wool/PRDOVR~17934/17934.jsp

6. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Definitely car coat/top coat. I find that pea coats are too casual to wear to work.

7. jimney

jimney Senior member

I use Nike Free Run 3s.

8. gandhi

gandhi Member

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Those are very nice. That side placement of the strap seems much more elegant and better suited for formal wear to my eye.

10. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

11. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

I had a funny surprise yesterday.

A package arrived from AE, and as much as I wanted it to be my burgundy shell Daltons I knew it couldn't be true; the box was too small for a pair of boots.

I opened the box and discovered a brand new pair of black shell Park Avenues. :puzzled:

Upon looking at the packing slip, I discovered that it was an exchange for the defective pair I returned in May; the only issue is they already sent me a replacement pair in June. :facepalm:

I called customer service and spoke with Melissa, who promptly sent a shipping label for their return...the PAs began their journey home to Wisconsin this morning.

I have no clue why someone at AE decided that I needed another pair of black shell PAs three months later, but the next person to order a pair in my size will likely be very pleased with the quick turnaround time.

I wore my black shell PAs today. They look great and are incredibly comfortable.

12. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

...just curious, besides the suede option, what would justify paying that price when you can get the Neumora for nearly $200 less during sales?

13. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

You're an honest man Storm...a very honest man. Just this morning, the Dominick's cashier gave me a few extra bucks during a return, and I hurried off like the little guy from The Lord of the Ring.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

14. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Kudos for the honesty. If only everybody would act with similar decency and civility the world would be a better place.

15. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

I just purchased the walnut Hale balmoral on clearance for $249. I've been debating about it for weeks and finally broke down after wearing my burgundy Cliftons (8 last as well) today. I'd still like to get a pair of black shoes during this sale as I currently don't own a single pair. I'm not a fan of the PA. I really wish there was a black Hale on clearance as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.