• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I talked to my local AE store and they said they could not price match Amazon on the Delrays.  The SA said he might be able to if the Delrays were not currently on sale, but this fact left him unable to do anything.  Too bad.  I wanted to give AE my business, but I'm not going to pay $275 for Delrays when I can get them shipped to my door for $199. 

The Delrays are $250 actually :)

I suppose it is just a personal choice, but i receive excellent service from my SA's at my local store, so i shop with them.

Plenty of times, i have received discounts on shoes when there was no sale, aside from getting freebies from time to time.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Delrays are $250 actually
smile.gif

I suppose it is just a personal choice, but i receive excellent service from my SA's at my local store, so i shop with them.
Plenty of times, i have received discounts on shoes when there was no sale, aside from getting freebies from time to time.

$275 when you factor in sales tax in a town with 10% sales tax like Chicago. I guess it comes down to the fact that I get that same customer service by calling AE directly, regardless of whether I purchased the shoes at Nordstrom or Amazon. AE has always done right by me, which is why I'm loyal to the brand. Would I pay a few extra bucks to help out the local store, sure. An extra $75 on a shoe I can get for $200 elsewhere? No.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I`m going to an AE store later this week to get some fifth avenues. If the sizing isn`t so finicky, I would have bought them online :/

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought a pair of AE since my early days on SF. I was walking pass their store and I saw their sale sign. So I went in and tried on some shoes. The Dalton and Neumok (red) really caught my eyes.

I end up buying the tan (walnut?) Dalton. Now if I think about it, I don't remember the last time I bought a pair of shoes in store. I will snap some pics later.

spitshine123

Reaction score
Black shoes don't usually get much love on SF, but I saphired my PAs tonight, and I have to say that nothing really shines up like a black shoe. Pics with and without flash

y5uqumyn.jpg

u7yvuge5.jpg

zchen

Reaction score
I.....can't decided if I want Larchmont in Chocolate or Walnut

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

horsey shoes

Reaction score
Black shoes don't usually get much love on SF, but I saphired my PAs tonight, and I have to say that nothing really shines up like a black shoe. Pics with and without flash
y5uqumyn.jpg

u7yvuge5.jpg

Very nice shine. Agreed, we are a little preoccupied with our browns and burgundys on here, but gotta love the simple sophisticated style of a black Park Ave.
I have a pair of black calf Hale that should see more action as they have a similar look.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding between the Delray and the Le Salle. Both are so similar. The Delray model is usually priced higher, but has a steeper discount for the sale, so they both come out to the same. Does anyone have any opinions one way or the other?

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would a chestnut belt match with walnut strands? Thinking of getting this http://www.narragansettleathers.com/belt114.html

I think it's fine..doesn't have to be 100% match. close enough

Agreed, awhile back someone posted a picture of it with his AE walnut shoes, looks like a perfect match. I have been considering getting one too.

I got this belt for my AE McAllisters from Narragansett Leathers (2nd from left):

I'm a little nervous about putting my picture on the internet, so don't be harsh!
Anyway, they were a good match I think.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding between the Delray and the Le Salle. Both are so similar. The Delray model is usually priced higher, but has a steeper discount for the sale, so they both come out to the same. Does anyone have any opinions one way or the other?

I think we've discussed this a few times on the forum. I own both the Delrays and the LaSalle. I agree that the pictures make them look very similar, and probably most casual onlookers wouldn't notice huge differences.

That said, I like the Delrays a good bit more. The lines/stitching seem better for the Delrays. I made a post with pics of both a few months back, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Overall, I prefer the Delrays and would pick them before the LaSalle every time unless the LaSalles were significantly cheaper (which is not the case with the current sale).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads