• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the best wife ever. My birthday gift:

VERY happy with these. Can't wait to wear them...

Happy Birthday and yes you do have a great wife! Hmmm by chance does she have a sister that is single???
smile.gif
Great boot.

Great pics lately, guys.
I ordered these black shell Dundees on the 12th & received them yesterday, which was a lot sooner than I expected.

Congrats and thanks for the picture! What is your thoughts on the AE black shell? It looks pretty good to me from here. As did those black shell Leeds that were posted the other day.

Also if you don't mind me asking did FedEx require a signature when they delivered them? I just realized that when I got my last shipment from AE they now use FedEx and did not require a signature. Which could be good, and bad... Damn I had the UPS guy trained to wait till the end of his route to delivery to me so that I was home.

Indeed, these are beautiful. I'm a huge fan of walnut color in Allen Edmonds. Accidentally ran dark brown polish over my walnut strands, and it hasn't been the same since.

Ouch! Have you tried stripping them with Renomat? http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/saphir-reno-mat-cleaner.html#.UF449I1lR2w

I don't like to use much if any product on shell except for brushing but every 6 months or so on the walnut shell will use a very thin coat of Saphir cognac wax. I purchased the cordovan clear from Saphir but have never used it. After ordering the Alden defender not sure that I ever will. Good luck, hopefully you can get them back to the original color.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just received a pair of dundees in truffle today. I think in AE color scheme truffle=cappuccino? just snapped 2 quickly and it doesn't do them justice, but hope this helps

with dark brown shell strand

Great buy!

mikeman

Reaction score
How long do custom orders usually take to leave the factory? I ordered the Gramercy and was just wondering if their October 13th date would be accurate, or if that just the time they give you to be safe.

zchen

Reaction score
How long do custom orders usually take to leave the factory? I ordered the Gramercy and was just wondering if their October 13th date would be accurate, or if that just the time they give you to be safe.

question, where did you get the October 13th date? I don't think I got a date with my Urban Daddy order.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My SA called the AE factory to check on my custom Delrays in burgundy cordovan, they informed him that the shoes were almost complete but got damaged. Now i have to wait 2 more weeks, they have to re-make them again for me. The wait is agonizing, and now there will be a random pair of Delray seconds (or thirds) in burgundy cordovan somewhere in the world... :fu:

mikeman

Reaction score

question, where did you get the October 13th date? I don't think I got a date with my Urban Daddy order.

In the "Your perk confirmation" email. Under the billing information.

bucksfan

Reaction score

My SA called the AE factory to check on my custom Delrays in burgundy cordovan, they informed him that the shoes were almost complete but got damaged. Now i have to wait 2 more weeks, they have to re-make them again for me. The wait is agonizing, and now there will be a random pair of Delray seconds (or thirds) in burgundy cordovan somewhere in the world... :fu:

Those will be great, good luck, and please post up some pics when ou get them.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What size are you? Maybe it's worth finding out what the defect is in advance! :lol:

smilelouis

Reaction score
Hi guys, do you know about CJ Conisto boots. They are made on Last 325.
Generally speaing, I go with Allen Edmonds 9D.
Is CJ 9 on Last 325 running big or wide?
Thanks a lot.

mothball

Reaction score

Congrats and thanks for the picture! What is your thoughts on the AE black shell? It looks pretty good to me from here. As did those black shell Leeds that were posted the other day.

Also if you don't mind me asking did FedEx require a signature when they delivered them? I just realized that when I got my last shipment from AE they now use FedEx and did not require a signature. Which could be good, and bad... Damn I had the UPS guy trained to wait till the end of his route to delivery to me so that I was home.

Thanks! The shell looks and feels good to me. It's my 6th or 7th pair of shell but my first in black. I'm interested to see how they age.

I did not have to sign with FedEx. I honestly can't remember if I did the last time I ordered or not.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Is the Malvern a good winter shoe? Can't decide between the brown calf and th suede. Ay recommendations?

Also, if I wear a 10.5D in Clifton's, what size should I get in the Malverns?

dredwings19

Reaction score
Can anyone help me.. If I wear an 8.5E in strands and they are a tiny bit loose on one foot.. What size should I wear in a shell dalton? 8.5 or 9E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads