Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Great story,,, shoes above look fantastic and boy do I wish i could get a pair of brown shell Leeds...

2. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

I thought i saw someone mention earlier in this thread that the Shell Dalton's are unlined. It looks like the burgundy Shell Daltons on the WebGem page of AllenEdmonds.com looks like it is lined.... any help would be appreciated... thanks in advance....

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Great story and congrats on the new 2nd pair of #8 Leeds. Now that is dedication to duty sir!! And also congrats on the new soon to be ordered Dundee's [​IMG]

Strange I saw my first picture of brown shell Leeds last week on ebay. And they were in my size... I came close but have never bought a used shoe before and struggled with it till the very end. They went for $183.50 http://www.ebay.com/itm/251146119852?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

5-6 years ago my Section Head came to me and asked for help in picking out a pair of decent shoes like I wear. He ended up with a pair of brown calf Leeds, it was when they stopped making them and he got them at a good discount.

I don't have a Tangor Outlet near me, but just sent off for a list from the shoe bank just in case those brown Leeds are a 10D and exist elsewhere. Please tell me those things aren't are a size 10D... I "need" some longwings first though. Or maybe not.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

4. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I (and some others that have posted) have a pair of the walnut shell Daltons that are unlined. The webgem Daltons in black and burgundy that are going for $595 right now are definitely lined. Maybe someone else can provide enlightenment on why AE produced the walnut shell Daltons as unlined versions and why these webgems are coming out as lined.

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I think I missed something here - brown shell Dundees are going to be available again starting October 1? Is that a definite date?

6. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

That's according to page 10 of the 2012 supplemental catalog put out by Allen Edmonds a few weeks ago. Also, the manager I was dealing with said they were in their internal system, but she couldn't place the order yet.

According to the catalog and AE's internal computer sustem, they will be available on the "dark brown cordovan" I.e. the shell AE uses for the shell strands and Crockett & Jones uses for their Ralph Lauren "marlow" series of shell shoes. I'll use the same smiley again: :slayer:

Also, here's a pic of my new Leeds straight out of the box, no additional brushing(yet):

[​IMG]

7. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

My name is Horsey Shoes and I have a problem as well... [​IMG]
    I too am very impressed with AE and have been voting with my wallet.

My SA originally told me that the Fifth Street shell web gem was going to be black, burgundy, AND brown shell.
    I was a bit surprised when I only saw the black and burgundy 5ths as the web gem since the SA was also provided other accurate "inside" info; i.e. Cronmoks as part of Rediscover, etc.
    Possibly they are holding out for the Fall 2.0 launch?

8. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

I think everyone is getting notified of the Rediscover sale today... Looks like the sale applies to all styles based on the mailer. Not sure what is 15% off and what is 30% off, but the pics show some of the pricing.
    Lovin' me that redskin colored Cognac.... fingers crossed the UD Gramercys are similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Thanks for the pics!

That cognac on the McTavish does look nice (thinking about the Gramercy)

10. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

And I bet if you put some Reno on it, it will give it some nice depth and luster

11. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

Nooo, I was hoping the McAllister would be included in the sale :(

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Those Larchmonts are looking better all the time, It's a shame the Haight looked sloppy in person... I might have to also consider the Jefferson.

13. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

It will be. The sale includes everything

14. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I like the larchmonts - I saw them in the store for the first time a couple of weeks ago

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I think the catalog posted above is just a selection. The email I received says:

This is the one time of the year that we have our entire collection of shoes on sale, with savings of 15%-30%

So it will be on sale; the price is as of now unknown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.