• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloopyNoob

Reaction score
I have it on good authority that the Cronmoks, Fifth Ave., McAllister, Delray, Haight to name a few will be at 30% off for the Discover America starting soon.
You're welcome...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I've been dying to get my hands on a pair of Strands. I hope it's included in the sale. Thanks for the heads up

spitshine123

Reaction score
Loving the recent pics (especially Cold Iron's new #8 Dundees). My Chili Regent Streets came today, so I would just like to share some pictures, because we all know how AE's stock pics are a disservice to how great these shoes actually look in person. I was originally looking to pick up a pair of Daltons for the fall, but when I went into the store I was really taken aback at the texture contrast and color of these Regent Streets. I think they are a little bit more versatile than the Daltons as a semi-casual wingtip, which I can really only wear for 2 seasons (some would disagree).

Along with Burnished Brown Parkways and Walnut Strands to show the color differences

A closeup to highlight the grain/smooth leather contrast

The 4 Last is also EXTREMELY comfortable. I highly recommend this shoe to diversify your lineup

Last edited:

zchen

Reaction score
How about Park Avenue?

Check amazon.com right now they have a $50 off 200 coupon (code 2012FALL ) until 9/19 on certain shoes. it works on PAs and other AE shoes(Strands etc), Some PA's are $257 and will be $207 after coupon.

mothball

Reaction score
I don't have any newer AE shell to compare them to, but here are my 2 year old shell Dundees:

I just placed an order for another pair in black; I'm excited to see them.

zchen

Reaction score
I don't have any newer AE shell to compare them to, but here are my 2 year old shell Dundees:

Are those truffle color?

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold Iron, they look phenomenal - thanks for the great pics and description! With 4 more pair of Dundees coming, you'll be getting a workout.
On a related note, I heard from AE that there is a real shortage of shell cordovan, so this boot makeup going on right now might be be the last shell webgem for a while. I think I will be ordering shortly.
Also, the rediscover America sale is coming up 9/24 if anyone is waiting on the next sale.

Thank you bucksfan, and I hope you receive a fantastic pair of boots! Hopefully Horween can catch up with the shell shortage sooner than later.

I hope Cronmoks are part of the sale
Loving the recent pics (especially Cold Iron's new #8 Dundees). My Chili Regent Streets came today, so I would just like to share some pictures, because we all know how AE's stock pics are a disservice to how great these shoes actually look in person. I was originally looking to pick up a pair of Daltons for the fall, but when I went into the store I was really taken aback at the texture contrast and color of these Regent Streets. I think they are a little bit more versatile than the Daltons as a semi-casual wingtip, which I can really only wear for 2 seasons (some would disagree).

Along with Burnished Brown Parkways and Walnut Strands to show the color differences

The 4 Last is also EXTREMELY comfortable. I highly recommend this shoe to diversify your lineup

Somehow I don't own any longwings yet
blush.gif
and those look fantastic. Thanks for the pictures, that texture contrast and chili color is perfect for longwings IMO, I really like those a lot.

Those have aged absolutely beautifully, and look fantastic. I hope mine do as well. Great picture too. Congrats on the black shell Dundee's coming!

horsey shoes

Reaction score

Congrats on the Regents Spitshine123. The leather texture contrast and Chili color are beautiful.

Thank you bucksfan, and I hope you receive a fantastic pair of boots! Hopefully Horween can catch up with the shell shortage sooner than later.

Somehow I don't own any longwings yet
blush.gif
and those look fantastic. Thanks for the pictures, that texture contrast and chili color is perfect for longwings IMO, I really like those a lot.

Those have aged absolutely beautifully, and look fantastic. I hope mine do as well. Great picture too. Congrats on the black shell Dundee's coming!

Agreed, the Cronmoks originally did not have much appeal to me in the stock photos, but I may be in for a pair of tan ones based on the supplement picture you shared.
I heard from an SA here in Dallas that the Cronmok would be in the Rediscover sale, so double confirmed they should be available on sale soon.
I also heard AE will do a Fall 2.0 launch at some point, so there is still hope for those bourbon shells!

mikeman

Reaction score
So yesterday I went and tried on some Macneils in a 9.5D. Everything felt fine, minus the left being slightly tight in the ball of my foot. Looking back I should have tried a 9.5B.
Based on what I told you, do you think I should try a B or just stick with a D?

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So yesterday I went and tried on some Macneils in a 9.5D. Everything felt fine, minus the left being slightly tight in the ball of my foot. Looking back I should have tried a 9.5B.
Based on what I told you, do you think I should try a B or just stick with a D?

If the D was tight on the ball, why would you go for a B, which is tighter?

Jigg

Reaction score
I've noticed this in my shoe after 2 wears. Is something like this normal? I don't think it looks good.
a8amy4as.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads