Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Does anyone have a scan from the new brochure of those shoes avail this fall in Bourbon? Would love to see pics. Or can I see them online (not referring to Amsterdam shoe, already saw that one)

J

2. Essential

Essential Senior member

I emailed the shoebank to see what they had in stock and asked about the 2 for $200 as well. The response was, "From what I understand, there won’t be any more 2 for $200 sales." Guess they did away with it?

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I needed to take a break form polishing anyhow.... Click on the pics and you should get a higher res picture. Sorry about the deskew the software I have at home is rather limited. Which is rather ironic considering..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of worthy note:

[​IMG]

Hope that helps.

4. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Yikes! Maybe good for someone who has a good relationship with the WI or MA store to confirm. I know I passed on the last 2 for $300 sale b/c I thought the 2 for 200 is coming up. :uhoh:

On a related note, I stopped at my nordies rack and they got a bunch of AE rubber soled mostly casualish shoes. A lot of shoes with edge stitching, split toed, and even 1 or 2 with a bicycle toed look (gasp!). Can't remember the model names. All were priced in the low 100s.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  5. rob

rob Senior member

Today I attended a lunch where the CEO of AE was the featured speaker. I was wearing not AE but EG, of course. Anyway, great story of how they have repositioned the company after they took a double whammy of blindly following Nordstrom's to become more fashion forward at the same time the economy tanked.

A couple of highlights. First, how they blindly followed Nordstrom's lead and how it alienated their base customer. Second, he doesn't view Alden and similar companies as their competition; the ready availability of poorly (and low priced) shoes is the worry.

Rob

6. Essential

Essential Senior member

Yep indeed. I want further confirmation just in case. The email did say that the 2 for $300 sale ended a month and a half ago (I actually thought it was coming up too for some reason) so it might not be back for a while. It also mentioned that starting the 24th, there is a Rediscover America sale.

7. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Just got my Allen Edmonds shoe trees in the mail which are for a 9 length and B width (small). Unfortunately I had to return my Fifth Street Boots due to fit issues but traded them in for the same boot but in D width (length is the same). Will it make much difference or should I get the next size in the shoe trees?

Regards,

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  8. rob

rob Senior member

I would just put a bullet in my head.

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Good info, thanks for sharing.

10. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

Beautiful Jeffersons! The Jeffersons were my first foray into the Independence collection and I would have to say they are by far one of the easiest wearing shoes.
    The burnish brown in particular is very attractive as it is dark enough to pass for a black, but can show up as chocolate brown in brighter light.

A bourbon neumora may be an interesting option, but again, I feel like I need to see it to judge the color variation.
    Also, I do have a pair of the black neumoras that I am not exactly thrilled with because of the creases in the toe box similar to what others are seeing.
    But, bourbon shell in a throwback style like the Fairfax or Hale... or as a Fifth Street boot could be a game changer.

11. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I'd go with a medium shoe tree. I wear a 9D in AE and the medium shoe tree is an ideal fit.

12. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Contemplating the Gramercy from urban daddy. It looks like AE uses the Dublin Conganc on the Ridgeway. Does anyone have pictures of the Ridegeway Dublin Cognac in the wild? Thank - you

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  13. bootman777

bootman777 Member

Never too many longwings for me. Have one each of MacNeils in brown grained, black calf, black cordovan and the burgundy colored cordovan

14. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Thanks DJ. I was unsure because the Fifth Street last seems more narrow than the other Allen Edmond lasts.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

medium for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.