1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachyzee

lachyzee Distinguished Member

Hmm so I am a 10C in Park Aves... what do go in 5th street cordovan (only B and D widths available...). IIRC people say cordovan fits slightly tighter than calf? So maybe the D...?

2. zchen

zchen Senior Member

Got the blue neumoks today, are these narrower than other 5 last shoes? I got them in 6.5E, although the fit is good, I'm not able to lace the tops close together like I can with my Strands, Elgin, Cambridge and Fifth Streets in the same size, Still get a small V...Does it have to do with the unlined upper? Then I recall reading that these are actually wider due to the unlined upper, confused now.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012

3. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior Member

They fit identical to my strands and mcallisters, so idk... wear them a few times. My strands and mc's i fully close when i lace up, however give them a few wears to break in a bit. Also, don't forget that your foot will swell as the day does on, so tomorrow morning when you wake up, they might fit like a glove.

Rock the red laces too... so many compliments on them its not even funny...

4. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

Interesting.

This has not been my experience.

5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

You risk the B being unwearable and the D being slightly loose, yet wearable. I'd go D.

6. zchen

zchen Senior Member

I think I will be returning the Neumoks to the shoe bank and dropping by the local store to see if a different size will fit better or if it could be the nature of them being seconds. It just fit so different than my other 5 last shoes in 6.5E. Their fit remind me of when I tried the McTavish in 7D, that too had some Vs when I laced them. I sure did like the color and feeling of the unlined leather though. Hopefully I can find the right fit.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012

7. mcass

mcass Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for your reply. The insight is much appreciated, and you are dead on. The majority of my co-workers are in square toed shoes, etc. I've been slowly adding slacks to my wardrobe, and I agree wholeheartedly with what you've mentioned.

8. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior Member

how much were they as seconds?

9. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior Member

In my experience, it goes the other way. Shell is a looser fit than calf.

10. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

+1

11. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior Member

The walnut shell boots above are straight from the factory back in the spring, as are these Cambridges (at the same time):
    [​IMG]

It appears that the new burgundy finish has a darker red hue, in addition to being shinier. I think all this started with the CEO stating that they would be using a new finishing method on their shell offerings.

12. imainish

imainish Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012

13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior Member

Do you suspect that your Cambridges have the new finishing? Yours look darn shiny as it is! Great shoes.

14. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior Member

About 340 plus tax during the sale.

15. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior Member

so i had a dream last night that i tried on a pair of AE's at some random shoe store... seriously looked like a payless but they had 3 AE's in the store. Random, but I asked to try on a pair of Adams since the other two were ugly and old. The lady came out with a pair of loafers from Fossil (lol do they even make shoes?) and said "The Allen Edmonds is a very expensive shoe, even after we take 38% off"

I looked at her with two heads, told her I already own 4 pairs and that I still want to try them on, then I woke up.

Fin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.