1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

You're right - and I own two pairs of Strands! :eek:

2. Karl_in_Chicago

Karl_in_Chicago Well-Known Member

I agree that the bar lacing looks nicer - it's just too much effort to do the unnatural things one needs to do on shoes with odd numbers of eyelets, IMO.

3. althanis

althanis Senior member

[​IMG]

Just got my new McAllisters today from Amazon. Got them when Amazon had 30% off, worked out to just over $200 I think.

4. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Where do you guys find your AE's at? The only prices I seem to find are $300-400. I see people discussing how they bought theirs for $150-250.

5. REguy

REguy Senior member

As an update to my Amok issues, I returned them to the Boston store today. The crew there was great, even going to the point of trying to locate pairs that looked like the ones on the web (without me asking them to do it). I have my doubts that they'll be able to track any down, but I really appreciated the effort. Regardless of what the shoes might look like, AE does have pretty good customer service.

I also received the pair of Dalton seconds I ordered. Great boot at that price! Although, I think they're trying a little too hard with the pinky-red pull tab and lining.

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Have to keep an eye out, there was multiple posts on this thread alone about the recent AE sales. There were many, Endless.com, Amazon.com, AE Outlets. Now you might have to wait for the Nordstrom anniversary sale next year, or contact SF member Allaboutshoes (he has an Allen Edmonds Mega Thread you can look into).

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

About lacing - The Fifth Avenues have an even number of laces, so I tried the bar lacing because it looks neater. However, I can confirm what someone else asked - it does make it harder to tigthen the laces. I'm going to change it to the old cross method I learnt when I was but a wee lad.

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

You know, based on what i have heard and read, i dogged a bullet with the Amok. Even my Allen Edmonds SA was reluctant to show interest in their Amok model (which he didn't even carry in his store). There is always the Malvern...

9. TimNguyen

I got so into the thread that I burned my pizza =x. haha

Thanks alot Jubei. I'll take a look into your suggestions.

10. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

yep.you just have to be patient and keep reading PSA and current sale postings so you can join the party asap

11. Khurram

Khurram Active Member

Call one of the outlets. They still have the 300 for 2 on the seconds. Fantastic deal for fifths and strand IMO

12. TimNguyen

The only problem I have is I wear a size 6. From my experience all the shoes my size are gone by the time sales come along. [​IMG]

13. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Was anyone able to take advantage of the Bradley/Westchester shell $250 deal? I was thinking about it again and just checked the AE webisite, and it no longer has the shells listed at $250. They're now $550. Must have been a glitch.

14. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

^^ I'll find out in a while...... on the Bradley. Order seemed to have gone through, but the site crashed, then my details seem to have vanished. An agent confirmed my order number, but not the price....

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

That's what I'm talkin' about. Great looking shoe in that color. The walnut really works on this, the Player's shoe, and my favorite, the pebble grain MacNeil!

16. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I think it was a glitch. The calf version are on sale for $250. Nice score if the come through.

17. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Good luck. In my experience, AE has outstanding customer service, so I'd be surprised if they didn't honor the price, even if it was an error.

18. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Newbury St. or financial district (is it State or Congress St.?) ?

19. REguy

REguy Senior member

Newbury

1 person likes this.
  20. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Here's the Westchester in walnut. My WB's a bit off here, but the color is pretty close.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.