Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrizzleCizzle

BrizzleCizzle Senior member

No (try to envision me saying all of this in a very nice, very understanding tone...don't read this as I'm arguing with you or yelling at you). A judgement results in an action, penalty, or award, and is presented as a reasonable fact or definition based on the arguments inherent to the point. Since I predicated none of these aspects in my monologue, you didn't witness a judgement; what you saw was my opinion (or, sic: belief). I make a point of this to support, as you include, my last sentence: I don't care. Wear what you want, how you want, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. I'm not judging you, calling you a moron, or writing you off as a definite stylistic snob if you roll your jeans. So please, bootspell or otherwise, don't confuse that comment as a judgement against anyone. And don't confuse this as a judgement against your or personal attack, I'm just taking the time to clarify.

This guy again?! Just kidding, wise words... we should probably talk about Allen Edmonds or something.

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Did anyone notice that the Ridgeway was back on the menu?

[​IMG]

3. BrizzleCizzle

BrizzleCizzle Senior member

That looks an awful lot like the neumok, but in a different color scheme (when I say an awful lot, i mean it is offered in colors and has the wingtip).

4. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I'm 29 and I still think it looks terrible.

It's like fedoras . . . sure, occasionally a very fashionable and good-looking person may don one and not immediately repulse everyone, but that doesn't mean you should go out and try to emulate it. DC would still look a lot better without the silly cuffs.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

5. PopFarmer

PopFarmer Member

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere earlier, but a SA told me the Kenwood loafer would be dis-continued soon.

Probably one of the reasons the 2nds are on sale for $129 right now. I was between those and the Waldens, and choose the Waldens due to their more classic style. I wasn't a fan of the pinking on the Kenwood and wojuld rather wear the shoe model that will be around longer.

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Jeez, there're too many damned lawyers or people trying to talk like them on this forum!! [​IMG]

But I get your point. Giving and accepting opinions like yours and others on SF shouldn't be taken personally. On to discussions on AE...

7. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Just got my Fifth Streets in the mail. Overall, very pleased with the quality. The one thing I will have to watch as time goes on is wear on the outsole. Already have a minor ding from street wear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. seer

seer Senior member

nice...

9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

It is essentially a lined Neumok with a colored welt, mini-lug sole, and contrast stitching. Previously a WebGem, but the black and brown versions seem to be on the regular catalog now.

10. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

Likely my next AE purchase.

11. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

nice looking boots most def.... where they ever available in shell?

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

13. acousticfoodie

acousticfoodie Senior member

You wore them regularly for 15 years and never needed to replace the outer sole? Not bad.

14. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

There is an auction for some shell Fifths that the seller is claiming was part of a special order that was cancelled.
    I asked about sizes other than 8D and was told that was the only size.
    On a 5 last I would need at least an 8E because of width... maybe they are the right size for someone else on the thread.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Allen-...Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cc9f92a85#ht_500wt_1414

15. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

WEARS not years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.