• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunstealer73

Reaction score
I really don't like the rolled up jean look. That second picture looks awful.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? Cole Haan seems like "the-brand-that-makes-everything" shoes, which is not good.

Who sells more shoes, Cole Haan or John Lobb? End of argument. Clearly the people have spoken.

Want more proof? John Lobb is only good enough to make a few models. If they really knew what they were doing, they could branch out and make something for everyone.

PK35216

Reaction score
Pic from the wild: Chocolate Suede Cambridges bought from one of our own SF members, no less!

Worn with my Banana Republic Cotton/Linen Summer Suit from this year. Not sure about whether the dark suede works as well with the light tan of the suit, but I generally liked the look.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chocolate suede is traditionally more of a fall/winter color, but it works well here. Very nice!

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really don't like the rolled up jean look. That second picture looks awful.

Rolled jeans or not, the second picture is worse than awful. I wouldn't leave the house with that arrangement, and would fully expect my wife to tackle me before I got thru the door if I tried.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jeans rolled up over the boots isn't a good look for me, but I can see how it would work for a young hipster. Depends on the context.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The jeans rolled up over the boots isn't a good look for me, but I can see how it would work for a young hipster.  Depends on the context.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. It looks patently absurd, regardless of age, regardless of context.

itsmejson

Reaction score

Oddly, no, but I think that's specific to boots vs. shoes. The store (NYC, near Grand Central) owner said that with the Daltons, you want to nail the toe/forefoot fit, then don't really worry about the heel -- he was right, though I had the same concerns. I think that you can cinch the heel back into the shoe with boots, whereas you can't with shoes. (hence, the dreaded "bowing")
FWIW, I wasn't going to drop $400 on the Daltons without an expert fitting -- he Brannocked me and had me try a 10D, 9.5D and 9.5E. So I"m pretty sure I'm wearing the correct size.
I'll try some conditioner on the tongue re the squeaking...

Thx for the info. I received a pair of 10E daltons today to try out. The heel is definitely loose. Even when it is cinched up my heel comes up. So I plan to keep the 10D that I currently have. The 10D fit is great right now but depending on how swollen my feet gets it can cause a little discomfort on the bone of my pinky toe. Im holding that once the boot is broken in this will become a non issue.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The jeans rolled up over the boots isn't a good look for me, but I can see how it would work for a young hipster.  Depends on the context.

+1. Not something I would wear, but would look fine in the right context on the right person.

jjr4884

Reaction score
lol you old geezers think this is a hipster look? this pic perfectly depicts how well this "look" can be worn, nothing more, nothing less. simple, masculine, casual, done

http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/12/12cbdffe_4f132e7f.jpeg

that second pic of the jeans rolled ALL the way up definitely does nothing for me, but something like the pic i posted, i do like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads