Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

That's just for starters. They're releasing pre-creased shoes in the spring. No more break in period.

2. MOCKBA

MOCKBA Active Member

I said I really liked the look of the Eagle County, and I have now placed an order for the black variant. It excites me to see this boot is built on the 2 last, as I find it to be my best fit and aesthetically pleasing. I know there were some opinions that the Bayfield looked a bit round and blobby; I think the Eagle County will look much sleeker due to the long and tapered toe of it's last. I will post photos and my opinion upon arrival in 5 weeks or so.

Next on the list may be another 2 lasted shoe, the Aberdeen in smokey grey.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

Received my chocolate Dalton seconds today :)
    - very pleased w/ them, only a few things that I spotted put it doesn't bother me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

^^^ They look good.

5. MOCKBA

MOCKBA Active Member

Nice boots, enjoy! Allen Edmonds nailed it with the Dalton - really, really nailed it.

6. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

strange--this happened to me when i ordered a pair of 30" brown laces. their brown laces look nearly identical to black laces in average indoor lighting, by the way. just two months ago i purchased laces from the shoebank and both pairs (33" black and brown) were the old, thin, waxy type.

7. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

very nice.
    theoretically, any polish of any color will darken a shoe. it is only if you take off more color than you put on--say, by using a lighter polish but making enough passes that the solvents in the polish transfer any existing color from the shoe leather to the applicator--that you will lighten the color of your shoes. (UV-mediated degradation of dyes may also lighten the color of your shoes.)

8. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

9. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I guess this is just my unfamiliarity with terminology, but I guess then I meant that from pictures I have seen, and my experience with my Cambridge, the rolls are usually more apparent than creasing in calf, since they are so huge.

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

"Huge" rolls in shell many times would suggest the wearer is wearing the wrong size.

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I hope they go back to the former dress laces, but I have to admit it hasn't happened to me with brown yet - and I have ordered 5 pairs in the last few months. And I have recently ordered some in 24 inch in black and brown (for chukkas). They were the old style. :slayer:

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Clearly, they also plan to pre-scratch the soles, and pre-clump excess polish on the uppers. AE is reaching a renaissance in shoe making :)

13. johnnyletrois

johnnyletrois Senior member

How long does it generally take AE to ship? I ordered some shoe care products 12 days ago and still no indication they've shipped.

14. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

They typically ship within 1-2 business days. I suggest a call to Customer Service.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  15. jimney

jimney Senior member

So I have a pair of Park Aves that I bought at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and I noticed that there is a little bit of bowing around the left ankle. I'm not sure it is serious enough to try to get a different size, but I was hoping for some thoughts. I thought my Elgins would fit similarly to the Park Avenues because they're on the same last, but this is already half a size up (from 8.5D -> 9D).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.