Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

While this question is best answered by reading some of the Shoe Care thread, i will answer briefly.

Condition your shoe, out of the box (particularly in the upper) to minimize creasing oddities. After initial break in, you can use some cream to feed the leather, and polish it to desired luster. You do not need to do this after every wear, once a month would work, given a good rotation of shoes.

Hope that helped...

2. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Thanks I will look into it more. Ive always just worn the shoes...but now with 3 pairs I'd like to make these last...not that my other shoes didn't last, but you get what I am getting at.

3. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Speaking of creasing- here are my new parkways after 2 wears. Left foot feels a bit loose since it does not have as much girth in the instep, so its leading to some creasing. Foot bed width at ball of foot and heel are perfect though, so no complaints

[​IMG]

4. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

WOW, that sounds freaking amazing! Be sure to post pics when they arrive. I believe the Delrays come stock in the 8 last; how does the 6 compare to this, and does it make the shoe more dressy more casual?

5. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I don't even see the 6 last listed on AE's website. What kind of last is this?

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Correction, it is the 8 last, as usual. Not sure why I keep confusing the two :)

7. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Glad I could be of assistance :D

I would have taken a pic of mine yesterday, but it was POURING raining out, they got all wet, i got all pissed, and thats that....

8. Jescha

Jescha Active Member

You won't find burgundy calf looks as good as this. [​IMG]

9. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

yes, i am well aware of how nice #8 looks in shell, and how there isn't one color (besides walnut, maybe...) that looks better in calf than shell

gorgeous pics

10. Newo

Newo Senior member

In two months since I last posted in this thread, 120 pages of posts have been made. Looks like AE sold a lot of Strands this summer.

11. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

It looks like AE has more sizes available on the clearance Elgins. A while back they only had 2 sizes, but now it looks like a full list.

If you missed out on the clearance Elgin, you can check it out now and they might have your size.

Chris

13. konoyaro

konoyaro Senior member

Another alternative to consider if they have your size, would be to pick a pair up from Amazon. The Elgin is currently $175.20 there with the SIZE2OI2 coupon applied.

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The only caveat to this is that I have found AE's from Amazon to arrive in various conditions ranging from: smashed boxes and shoes; shoes that were creased and obviously worn around the house for several days; and shoes with nicks and scratches, etc. With Amazon, though, your only option is to return them if they arrive in that condition. I prefer to have AE match the Amazon price as a matter of convenience so that I can go back to AE with any issues, but would order from Amazon again if the price was right.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Shoot, I thought I would like the Harrison, but not so much. Why does AE insist on putting the cap toe line so close to the end of the toe? Why does AE discontinue sleeker captoes like the Soho? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.