Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJ0323

SJ0323 Member

Does anyone offhand know what Last the Clifton is? I tried on a pair today and really loved the fit and was wondering which others were made in that shape..

2. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

The 8-108 last.

3. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton Ms. Clifton

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks of that every time someone mentions the Clifton lol

4. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Already answered, but for future reference, the details under the shoe on their website will show what last the shoe is on. When you go to allenedmonds.com and just click "shoes" at the top left, it will shoe everything and you can sort by last along the left hand side.

Pretty helpful if you are looking for a particular last, collection, etc....

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Is this a vintage McClain?

6. SJ0323

SJ0323 Member

Thanks for the help, I just figured I'd ask on here since I guess the Clifton got discontinued and is no longer on their site so I couldn't find out that way and figured someone on here would know.

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Interesting. I got the exact same e-mail from AE customer service telling me to use the natural edge dressing a year ago. As I said before, I am going to have to try the chili dressing because I am not all that satisfied with the natural dressing. As 7FoldTieGuy acknowledged, it does not do much to cover up nicks in the sole and heel.

8. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Oh shit i had no idea they were discontinued... I was always partial to the Sanford anyways, but after trying both on, i look like an old man wearing black bluchers lol

Anyways, Nordstroms still has them readily available, so their website says

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/allen-e...egoryid=0&fashionColor=Walnut&resultback=1102

9. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

A splendid last. Possibly the best.

10. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

I dont believe they are discontinued, they are just somewhat exclusive to Nordstroms (and not to :spam: but I do have them available thats why I said "somewhat" exclusive)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

11. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

well if memory serves me correctly, i am very sure that the cliftons were on the website at some point in the last couple months, thats for sure... but oh well, they won't be missed in my eyes lol

12. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

I am probably not following an "approved" routine, but I purchased both the premium polish and a wax polish (Kiwi wax actually not the AE brand) and use both.
    The premium polish in the tube seems to have both some conditioning and some polish, but didn't achieve the shine I was looking for.
    Based on this, I added a very thin layer of Kiwi wax on top of the AE premium polish and the shine came out with a little brushing and a spritz of water on a nylon type polishing glove.
    This seems to work good for all my calf shoes.

13. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

i'm bored and i have nothing to do right now, gonna bust out the merlot mcallisters and give them a proper shine.... will take an hour the way i do it, then i'll be ready for bed

14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

A very good idea. One of these days soon I intend on posting a photo of my AE fleet.

15. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

please do!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.