Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Ya i'm not crazy about them at all in the least bit... it know its a crappy pic, but these are the boots i am looking at, for the exact purpose of an outfit like this... casual but still awesome looking

http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/12/12cbdffe_4f132e7f.jpeg

alden's will cover that look... ravello cordovan and call it a day

2. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

Does anyone know the status of the Bayfield in brown? I noticed it isn't in the spring catalog. The website lists it as closeout, but it is still at full price.

Even with all these new boots, I think that the Bayfield might still suit my needs the best.

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

It that the Malvern in cordovan options on the bottom left of those pics?!

4. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is.

Chris

5. SJ0323

SJ0323 Member

Hmmm I was getting close to finally pulling the trigger on a pair of brown leather Neumoks but I might have to wait and see these Cronmoks in person.. I kinda like them as a casual weekend boot

6. musicmax

musicmax Senior member

Can someone help me identify these AE's? They're basically a Strand without the medallion on the toe cap but I don't see them in the current catalog:

[​IMG]

7. zchen

zchen Senior member

Got my response. the Moore look like this
    [​IMG]

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The Cronmok certainly looks like a boot version of the Neumok (which we have discussed previously). This is certainly a sign of things yet to come.

9. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Those are AE Rush on the 7 last

10. FifthAve

FifthAve New Member

Hey everyone, I'm sorry it took me so long to provide pictures for my little conundrum here. But anyways here they are:

[​IMG]

Pair 1:
    • Really immaculate quality shoes.No blemishes anywhere
    • Leather feels really sturdy
    • But there is bowing in the left shoe. The left shoe feels noticeably looser than the right shoe

[​IMG]

Pair 2:
    • Very suspect construction/craftsmanship.
    • But the shoes fit quite well. Neither shoe is noticeably looser than the other
    • There are a lot of random black mark blemishes throughout. They didn't come off when I tried a simple wipe with a damp paper towel.
    • If you look closely at the bottom right picture, the leather quality is kinda weird to me. It's hard to explain, but you can kinda see the web-like marks of the leather itself...as if the leather is kinda dry or weak or something.
    • The leather DOES feel noticeably weaker and cheaper than Pair 1. I can't show it from pictures, but when I simply pressed the toe box of Pair 1 and Pair 2 with my thumbs, Pair 2 "gives in" a lot more. Pair 1 was nice and sturdy/firm

So in conclusion, I'm hoping I can get some of your guys' expert advice. Do you think I should keep Pair 1 or Pair 2? Pair 1 looks and feels like really good quality craftsmanship, but has some bowing in the left shoe. Pair 2 fits well on both feet, but the craftsmanship is extremely suspect. Which would you choose?

Most importantly, I'm just wondering if "bowing" is a major flaw that I should be wary of? It personally doesn't really bother me too much, especially since my pant leg would usually cover it. But is there something else I am missing?

Thanks everyone!

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Aberdeen is on the 2 last - might be pretty close to what you need, because it runs so narrow. Unless you know you need AA on the 2 last, too!

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

+ 1. Underwhelmed.

Unless you are a true AE devotee, there are much better options elsewhere from brands like Wolverine and Red Wing.

But thanks for taking the pics, Chris!

13. MOCKBA

MOCKBA Active Member

I just noticed in the photo of the Eagle County that the shoe above it is listed as having a Dainite sole. As far as I know, Allen Edmonds only used to offer their own similiar version - if they switched to real Dainite, this is great news.

14. sqroot3

sqroot3 Senior member

You may consider conditioning them--saphir, lexol, your preference--with shoe trees inserted, and then allowing them to dry. my brief experience suggests that, just as they say, conditioning prior to first wear may well diminish creasing.

15. sartorialnoob

sartorialnoob Well-Known Member

That is the one that looked interesting to me as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.