Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrg15

mrg15 Member

There won't be any college shoes are anything like that for the upcoming football season. How do I know? Because those Wisconsin shoes on the right are mine, and the Oregon shoes to the left are my friend's. We both got them as gifts for Christmas because we are good friends who both go to those schools, and were going to the Rose Bowl together. As for the picture uploaded earlier with all the different colored shoes, don't make the mistake of thinking that is all AE has been working on lately. It's a display; it's meant to catch people's eye. Colors are big and AE wants to show what they can do, but you guys are crazy if you think purple suede shoes are going to be routinely coming off the production line. They're fun to look at and maybe try on, but those shoes actually selling at a profitable rate would be a miracle. Maybe as a WebGem or MTO they could work, but not produced like the regular line. They were just flexing their muscles for the show.

2. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

I'm a BIG fan of that Aberdeen in dark brown. I could use a new casual shoe that will endure the sloshy Chicago late Fall and Winter!

3. mrg15

mrg15 Member

Those two pairs of shoes were specially made for the game and as gifts. Those football shoes and all the colored shoes from the display are probably just AE flexing their muscles and showing what they can do. While it's true that more colors are in style nowadays, do you really think that purple suede shoes have any staying power for the customer base AE has worked so hard to build and maintain? It's a fun little thing, but I don't think there should be any worries about mass-producing those shoes. It just isn't good business.

4. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

The dark brown Aberdeen appears to be the shoe that the new Brooks Brothers relabel is modeled from, prior to our earlier belief that it was a heavilly distressed MacNeil.

5. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

Good eye! I think you are absolutely correct.

6. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I managed to get some cell phone pics of the new boot from the catalog at lunch today - shhh, don't tell anybody.

I will post them tonight when I can get them off my phone and uploaded. Sorry, no smart phone here, so it will be a bit more of a wait - but not much.

Chris

7. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Brown CXL just a bit less than 5 miles in a day, and not on pavement. But I'm sure that they would serve you well for all day use on pavement. The black leather are stiffer and I have only worn them 3 times so far. But once broken in I think they will also be comfortable for all day wear.

8. mrg15

mrg15 Member

Pretty sure this is just AE flexing their muscles and having a little fun for a show. While the CEO's blog said that colors are more in style now than they used to be, you're crazy if you honestly think that AE is going to go full steam ahead in this direction. I think you're reading a little too much into one single picture taken from a fashion show. Also, those college shoes were one-of-a-kind and specially made - I believe it is mentioned in the blog that they were gifts for Paul's son and his friend who attend Wisconsin and Oregon respectively, and were going to the Rose Bowl together.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012

9. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Love these.

10. seer

seer Senior member

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

That is not repairable damage IMO. It might be possible to make it less obvious, but once a toe box is crushed it stays crushed. It's a bit like smashing in the corner of a cardboard box, you might be able to get it looking like a corner again, but it would always have the creases. I'd pass on these.

12. mrg15

mrg15 Member

[​IMG]
    Here's one. I believe it's called the "Eagle County" or something. I personally like it quite a bit. It's definitely more rugged/casual than the Dalton, but I like it a hell of a lot more than the Yuma.

13. evolved

evolved Senior member

[​IMG]

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

hahaha :)

thanks, I will keep this in mind.

15. mrg15

mrg15 Member

[​IMG]
    Here's one. It's called the "Eagle County" or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.