Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

So we have a boot coming out that is what exact style? Wingtip Blucher, little shorter than the dalton. Is it a full longwing? Very interested in seeing this as I will be in the market....

2. evolved

evolved Senior member

I think I saw somewhere that it has a lug sole, as well, like the Bayfields.

3. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

The boots didn't look to be that dark of a grey - they are kind of disressed where the grey is a bit lighter than the Park Avenue. Take a look at the Pierpont on the AE website - the grey is closer to that, but maybe just a tad darker than the Pierpont grey.

Chris

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

4. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Wingtip blucher, but not a long wing, that is a bit shorter than the Dalton. And it has the lug sole intead of leather. Somewhat distressed - kind of like the new darker brown Mctavish. In the photos they have red laces.

5. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I really like the boot - I saw it in person when I met an AE sales rep earlier this year. I thought "must have" as soon as I saw it. I saw the brown - I will have to see the grey to get a feel for it.

When I first saw the natural McTavish, I didn't like it. But I have a pair now and really like them. So the grey might grow on me after seeing it in person.

No word on release date. The store said they will start getting the new AE's in a couple of weeks. But they don't know if the boots will be in the first batch or if they boots will come about a month later (similar to last year).

6. seer

seer Senior member

thanks...

7. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

thanks... looks like i'm staying with alden [​IMG]

8. itsmejson

itsmejson Senior member

anyone know if the Delray's ever came in a walnut color?

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

For reference:Walnut shell Dalton's, Cascade, Cambridge in #8 shell:

[​IMG]

The Cascade surprised me. When I got them and opened the box I thought great, damn clown boots. I tried to give them to my oldest son and he said they were too long even though they he is a half size larger than me. I wore them around the house and realized they really did fit, and fit well. The first day I wore them to work the secretary said "Wow, those are some stylish SHOES". Which is the goal of dress boots, to look like shoes even though they are boots. She has never said anything about all the other shoes and boots I own, what the....? The lug soles are much more aggressive than any other AE shoe\boot I own with mini-lugs, ie: Black Hills, Bayfields in black and brown CXL. Yet they somehow pass as decent shoes for the most part. I only wear them in the winter during bad weather and had to clean a lot of dust off them to take this picture because they have sat on the floor of the closet for several months. I wear them with wool slacks and jacket during the winter with good effect, which surprised me. I purchased them more as a casual boot which I also use them for. Time for some more Saphir Reno and creme though, glad I dug them out.

I am struggling with my McTavish's. I wore the Elgin's today and like them a lot, although with khaki pants that was a bit too much brown going on LOL. But think this weekend I am going to give the McTavish a treatment or 2 with Neetsfoot oil to darken them. I like them with jeans but have a hard time going past that. Wore the other night when I was out and about.

[​IMG]

10. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

I just realized I made a mistake in a post I made a couple weeks I go. I said that these were the neumora's when they are actually the mctavish. They are unlined grey oiled leather I believe with a single oak sole. I do not believe this color option and unlined leather was made or has been made yet and there is no code on the inside to identify them. But they are the mctavish! I wore them today and thats when I realized what I had done! Here they are again.

[​IMG]

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Unbelievable, I do not know how you make a mistake like that. Your credibility is completely shot on this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

12. MDtoBE

MDtoBE Member

Hey, does anybody know the best/cheapest place to purchase Saphir Reno? Or is the Hanger Project website really the only option. Are there any retail stores that carry it?

13. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Senior member

I know!!! I may never recover from this!:brick:

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

So I'm about to finally pull the trigger and order a pair of Strands from Nordstrom. My only hesitation is that, although they fit fine, I'm not a huge fan of the overall shape of my McAllisters (which are shown below, in 9.5 E next to my 9.5 E Lasalles). I prefer the 8 last to the 5 last, and although I realize they are completely different shoes, the 8 last seems much more streamlined and the shape is overall more aesthetically pleasing to me than the McAllister on the 5. Is the Strand essentially the exact same shape in 3 dimensions as the McAllister?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I have both the McAllister and the Strand, and yes, they are essentially the same shoe, just different details. If you like the 8 last better, I would skip the Strand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.