Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

What I got from them yesterday for shoes was (of course have to check on your size to see if they have it in stock):

The following styles will be included in the 2 for $300 outlet promotion July 23rd - Aug 5th
    Neumora black, brown
    Shelton walnut w/ brown saddle (1st and 2nd Q)
    LaSalle black
    Clifton black, walnut
    Winnetka brown (1st Q and 2nd Q)
    Golf - all factory seconds
    Brooks dress casual (currently $179) - Presidio, Shelton, Elgin, McTavish, Montgomery, San Marco, Boat
    Previous outlet make ups - Burton, Cortland, Hastings, Fairfax, Hinsdale, Mapleton, Hale, Parkland, Milford, Weybridge

2. mekato1

mekato1 Well-Known Member

Anyone knows how's the sizing on the neumora 3 last compared to PA? I'm 9.5E on 5 last after sizing 1 down, width one up. TIA

3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Any reviews on the golf shoes?

4. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

How do you contact the shoe bank? Google returns nothing useful.

5. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I emailed the shoebank yesterday and still have not heard back. I emailed Edward in Freeport, Maine and he hit me back in less than a minute. I have exchanged emails several times since then and he is very fast on the response. I just hung up with him and ordered the Elgin because, well you know a man can never have too many lace up brown wingtips and brogue shoes.....

[email protected]

He is the only one in the store today so pretty busy but I would try him.

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Anyone know of a website selling new black mcallisters for a discount or on sale?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  7. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

Did you order anything else with the Elgin (2/$300)? Or just on their own? If so, how much are they going for?

8. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Shoebank got back to me already this morning. Now, do I want Neumora's and Fairfax's for the pick-2, or pass altogether... decisions...

9. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Picked up a pair of non-AE's today during Nordstrom's Anniversary sale and learned that I might have bought the wrong size in all my prior AE purchases. Nordstrom previously measured me as a 12D, which has been the size for all my AE purchases (Strands, Park Avenues, Malverns, Delrays). I've had no complaints regarding my 5 last shoes in this size, with the exception that I cannot walk more than a mile in them without experiencing discomfort on the heel or side. Today's SA said I'm really an 11EE and that I was previously buying shoes too long for me to get the width I needed. To be honest, the 11EE shoes fit pretty well so far, but I'm only walking around on carpet.

Anyone else with a wide foot have a similar experience that they drop a full size in length with a EE? I would have thought the guy was full of it if not for the fact that he knew much more about his products than the typical SA.

10. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

My experience, "D" widths are common (i.e. more inventory). Some sales people get as close as they can with what they have in stock. That or the measurements were taken incorrectly. The Nordstrom guy measured me at 12D also. I'm an 11C.

11. norite

norite Member

When I went to a local AE store to have my foot measured in 5 last, I dropped from an 8.5D to a 7.5E. Like you, the larger of the two was much too narrow and long.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

when i went to my local AE the SA told me that usually ppl size down 1/2 and go a little wider on the 5 lasts but I guess I am an exception because both 10.5D and 10E seems to fit fine when I walk around in the store.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  13. mustardontoast

mustardontoast Active Member

Sorry but does anyone have the email or the number for the contact the could share?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.