1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I'm interested in this too!

2. mekato1

mekato1 Well-Known Member

Looking at the larchmont, how's the fit of the last 3 compared to last 5? Im 9.5E in Strands. TIA

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Beautiful shoe, I've seen more black shell on here in the last week than a whole year previously. I would seriously consider getting those.

On another note I went to a link for the limited edition shell boots on the AE site and now get:
    We're sorry. This product has recently sold out and is no longer available for purchase. We are in the process of removing it from our website.

Looks like the limited availability of shell has hit hard. Or the deadline has now come but I thought it was a bit further out.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  4. imainish

imainish Senior member

Couldn't help myself....snapped up the Parkways for $220.00. Not enough offerings in suede, anyone know why?

5. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

I think they didn't want to sell the shell at a discount

6. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

My memory can be pretty flaky, but I believe September 24 was the deadline on the shell webgem boots.

7. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Indeed, black shell is pretty nice, and black shell Macneils are very nice. I have black shell Leeds and am just waiting for the right time to get black PAs, Cambridges and Macneils (probably in that order). I think that they had 9/23 as the end date for the webgem boots. Supposedly you'll see the Daltons (in burgundy) and Dundees (in brown, burgundy and black) show back up in October.

I have 1 brush I use for black, 1 for burgundy, 1 for very light brown, 3 in various locations for shell brushing. I do not use daubers, using an old t-shirt instead.

8. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

Is today the last day for the Urban Daddy Amsterdams? I e-mailed them but never got a response.

I missed out on the offer just as I was about to buy them... [​IMG]

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Makes sense I thought it was the end of this week. Not that I need those burgundy Daltons but if they come back in October they will be hard to resist...

Brushes and shoe care I'm pretty close to bucksfan. In addition I have another brush for dark brown and one for HDLP\leather oil. Old T-shirts and nylon stockings which I keep seperated in large plastic ziplock bags based on color along with the cream\wax.

10. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

Just wanted to ask this again. Thanks.

11. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

How are your neumora's holdin up?

12. DuckmanEG

DuckmanEG New Member

Looks like I got lucky. I went into the AE store on Saturday and got my order put in for a pair of Dundees in burgundy shell and they applied the sale price. Glad i did that instead of waiting like I wanted to.

13. DuckmanEG

DuckmanEG New Member

Double post. Oops

14. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

I have one horse-hair brush I use on all my shoes/boots.

No daubers - that's what rags are for.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I talked to my local AE store and they said they could not price match Amazon on the Delrays. The SA said he might be able to if the Delrays were not currently on sale, but this fact left him unable to do anything. Too bad. I wanted to give AE my business, but I'm not going to pay $275 for Delrays when I can get them shipped to my door for $199.

16. imainish

imainish Senior member

Mine are holding up great and very comfortable. Styling is spot on to me and extra points for the nicely burnished toe. Only issue is the slightly imperfect creasing but I'm OK with it.

17. ckprax

ckprax Well-Known Member

Last week I was in WI for work so I dropped by the Brookfield Shoebank. I am in need of a good winter boot and had been looking at the Bayfield and Cascade. The North Platte would be perfect but it has been discontinued for some time.

Their system showed one CXL Bayfield in my size for $167 at another location. For that price I was sold. I found out this morning that their inventory was off and they do not any Bayfields in my size. I was disappointed until my sales associate Adam offered to have a pair made for me and will still honor the sale price.

This is my third pair of AE's and I will continue to buy their products given their excellent service and quality.

1 person likes this.
  18. Essential

Essential Senior member

Is the only mentionable difference between Brooks Strand and the regular Strand the rubber sole?

19. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

The Urban Daddy sale actually didn't end until 5 so I managed to get the Bourbon Amsterdams!

20. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I read that the insole is different too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.