1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

How high is your instep? If you have flat feet you could probably go down a width. I wouldn't be able to because I can't close balmorals even when they are the correct width!

2. senoreme

senoreme Member

What is the email for the Freeport store? Can someone please post it on the forum for me. Thanks.

3. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Just picked up a pair of barely worn Park Avenues in black off of Ebay for $180. Fit like a glove. Score :slayer:

4. otc

otc Senior member

Got a photocopy of my credit card receipt for my daltons :)

Somehow they managed to charge me the full ~10% chicago sales tax (mail order stuff usually just gets IL sales tax) but the price still kicked ass for a pair of brand new boots and shoe trees shipped straight to me.

5. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

My instep is fairly average I suppose. My 9.5C Strands are spot on (I measure 9.5C on a Brannock device) for me. I'm wondering if I should go down a 1/2 size...

6. Bateman87

Bateman87 Active Member

Hm, when did you order yours? I ordered mine this morning (~4am east) and it still hasn't been charged on my card.

7. otc

otc Senior member

Not sure who you would have ordered from at 4AM...can't imagine they were answering the phones then

8. Bateman87

Bateman87 Active Member

Are you saying it all happened in my head? [​IMG] The Ohio outlet opened at 10pm last night.

9. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I heard they are narrow. These are some of the best looking penny loafers I've been able to find under $100 (currently on sale)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  10. dganderson

dganderson Senior member

They are a little bit narrower than my Park or Fifth Avenues but that's also the nature of the shoe. I still bought the same size though since I normally wear them without socks.

11. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

I ordered mine on Wednesday, and it still hasn't hit my card.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I tried these on in the store today. Sized down a half size and they fit awesome. Felt so comfortable too, absolutely amazing. The maracca suede color is not nearly as tan in person as it appears on the website, much darker but not in a brown sort of way. Seriously these things felt so nice, absolutely can't wait to get them in (had ordered online, but they were unable to pull up the order and cancel it so I could just buy then in store).

13. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

How does the build on the Amoks feel? Since the pricepoint is lower, I was worried they cut corners. It's interesting how the more recent AE prices seem all over (eg. Kenilworth less than most of their standard shoes, etc) when it seemed pretty standard across the board in the past.

Also, does it look sleek in person? On the website, it looks much sleeker than most chukkas usually are. Seems like a good deal.

14. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Please post some real world pics of the Amok if you get a chance. I'm really intrigued. I have a pair of the Alden unlined Chukka in tan (on the sleek leydon last) but really want to add a pair in dark brown. However, the idea of spending another $400+ doesn't seem all that appealing. I'd never seen the amok before you guys referenced it here. Looks like a great choice.

15. Giddyup

Giddyup Member

The deal on the seconds was one I couldnt pass up. I ended up dealing with both the Maine store and the Ohio store and ordered a shoe from each. I ordered the Fifth Streets in Brown and the also a pair of the Daltons. I am excited! Thank you for posting such great deals!

Both stores are class acts.

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Was it just me, or did the AE website crash for a bit yesterday?

17. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

They're nice looking boots. I'm tempted to get a pair, though the full sized increments at half sizing (8.5, 9.5, etc) makes me uncertain that they'd fit.

18. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I would jump on these chukkas, but I only see them in D width online. Are there no wide sizes?

19. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Unfortunately I won't be able to get pictures of the Amok until after the sale is over, but I have no problem posting some when they arrive.

20. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Amok boots or Winthrop loafers.... It's a tough one since boots are so popular now...

Also, has anyone been able to find a nice pair of rubber soled dress shoes on sale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.