Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harryk387

harryk387 Member

[​IMG]

my beauties.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Indeed!

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I am 100% sure that Strands and Fifth Aves were available in the 2 for $200 sale. I am not sure about the PA. I just assumed they were.

4. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Anyone have any really good pics of them? I will search the forum, I'm sure I can dig up a few... I LOVE mine in brown... very unique and a real nice change than color 8... but walnut is my favorite color hands down. would love to see some hi-res pics of them

5. Jigg

Jigg Senior member

What about the Neumok?

6. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Senior member

FYI - Nordstrom sale is open to the public online now

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Interesting. Did you request the white stitching?

Also, were these your shoes originally, or were these an ebay pickup that you fixed up?

Either way, looks great !

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

No, that's all I got. The way this has worked in the past is that I've emailed Edward, manager at Freeport, my size, and he sends back an Excel spreadsheet with all available shoes. I imagine this will work the same way. Remember, these are seconds, so stock on hand is going to be variable by size.

Freeport contact info:
    207-865-6222
    [email protected]

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I think it was discontinued shoes and seconds. So Strands, Fifth Ave, and PA would all be available if they had seconds in those shoes; and it would vary by size.

10. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

11. slider17

slider17 Active Member

just bought that park avenue in black for $210AUD

hope the CC goes through!

12. afeltz

afeltz New Member

I thought the Nordstrom sale had McAllisters, not just McTavish. They seem to be standard $335, boo

13. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Not sure if you can still get the walnut shell anymore even in a custom option. Worth a try though! Found my original hi-res pics back around page 300 or so. But you should be able to click on the pictures below:

Walnut Shell Dalton Boots:

[​IMG]

Walnut Calf McAllister - Walnut Shell Strand - Walnut Shell Dalton

[​IMG]

My walnut shell Strands have enough dark pieces that I passed on the brown shell Strands as they would be redundant.

Yes they do like great! Very nice, I never thought of wearing mine with anything lighter than khaki and have always gone for the tropical dress look of black or the burgundy\black Shelton's with white but now......

14. jjr4884

jjr4884 Senior member

Nice pics... searched around and saw a few others... saw a GORGEOUS pic that had brown and walnut shell strands, and a pair of alden PTB's in Ravello... 3 in a row, which really showed the depth of the walnut. Absolutely gorgeous...

Question gents... 9.5D and 10D on the 5 last... what size shoe trees are you using? I have all mediums, and idk... I just feel like they should fit a little further in the toe rather than getting cramped up where the vamp is. Do you have any pics of how far the shoe tree goes into the shoe? Thanks

Also... since my other question probably went unseen being the last post several pages back... if you had to put together a "business casual" outfit with blue neumoks (taking the red laces off) what would you wear? What kind of pants? My dress slacks obviously won't work, but I am thinking a khaki/chino pant, not sure what color belt... I am thinking brown, but that will depend on the shirt and pants. Thoughts? Fridays aren't "casual" but considering the way most people dress in my office, I would like to dress down a tad and I know those neumoks would be just fine with the right outfit...

15. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

I can take some higher res photos later if you want. Shoot me a PM with any requests.

For anyone looking to pick up a pair...

As Cold Iron said, I'm not sure if they're still available or not...guess it depends on whether or not they still have some additional shells remaining in house. Definitely worth a shot. That said, I picked up mine this week as seconds through an Outlet store /Shoebank. They had one pair left in my size (13D).

I would try to call AE first, if you want firsts, but if 2nd's are good enough or if you have no other options, shoot an email to the shoebank asking for a list of shoes available in your size. If they have the walnut shell strands, give your closest AE outlet store or the Shoebank a call and have them order them for you. They'll ship 'em free from whatever store they're currently located in. As of Monday, all Cordovan 2nds were going for $299.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.