1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgsdm

dgsdm Well-Known Member

Are the differences between firsts and seconds negligible?

2. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

I'd like to know this as well. I don't have an outlet anywhere near me.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I remember this sale from last year - 14.92% off everything - it applies to first quality shoes and belts as well. There will be a few select shoes with a bigger discount.

4. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Looking to pick up some polish for my AE Gramercy (whenever they arrive). What shoe care products colors should I use? The color to match is "dublin cognac". Thinking about trying out some Saphir products.

5. millerbk

millerbk Active Member

I was told by AE to use saddle soap since it is in the rough collection. Do you have any pictures to share of the Gramercy since the pictures on Urban Daddy aren't very good

6. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Yeah, I posted them a few days ago, but here they are...
    The gramercy seem to have a more "finished" leather.
    [​IMG]

7. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

are walnut strands appropriate for winter wear (im from california)?

8. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

I think your best bet is to go in store and get your foot measured by one of the SAs. Then if they don't have your size, I think they have the options of ordering it to the store, then you come in again to try. You are under no obligation to buy.

9. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

Sorry, double post

10. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

I'd say go for it. Dont see why not.

11. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan, but I could get used to those Redskins! Definitely hoping the Gramercys will be similar to these.

Count me in the dissent as well... I was originally passing on the Cronmok since I really liked the blue/navy leather, but couldn't see myself wearing them... too much 70s Leather Man or 80s Jean on Jean guy. But, based on the new supplement pics, I think I too am in for a tan pair; especially on sale.

Not sure what my plan would be for the Gramercys either when they land. Definitely hitting them with some Reno to bring out some luster, but not sure of using any paste wax as they may be too shiny for the more "casual" look.
    Possibly will use some of the AE chili color premium polish (in the tube), but don't want to mess too much with that beautiful redskin color they seem to have from the pics.

I am in Texas and wear my walnut anytime of year. The walnut Daltons are a great winter blues buster and always get compliments from the young ladies at the office.

12. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

From what I hear many are hard pressed to find any faults from their seconds. I think I might go with seconds...

13. cidr

cidr Member

Hello! Been lurking for a bit, I'm in need of help.

Long story short: Bought AE Strands from Nordstrom, AE fit guide gave me 11 W8, went with 11.5 D. They are too tight. Wore them 3 times hoping they'd stretch enough, but I actually got a blister on my pinky. outside of the US so can't try them on at a store.

Pictures for reference.

1. What size should I be going for? I'm thinking 11.5 EE. Is the point where my toe ends normal? Should I go down to 11?
    2. Think I got a shot at exchanging them If I pay for shipping?
    3. I also bought Park Aves, except they're still being processed since I asked them to get me 11.5 E instead once I got these. How do they fit compared to the Strands? I know they're the same last, but I've read they fit differently. Should I get the same size?

I appreciate the help everybody. I've contacted both AE and Nordstrom and am awaiting their response.

A fellow AE owner

14. Essential

Essential Senior member

I posted earlier saying that an SA told me there were going to be no more 2 for $200 second sales anymore. Has anyone else confirmed this?

15. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

what do you think of the chocolate daltons? or go with walnut?

16. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I'm sorry but this may sound like a stupid question how does one order seconds when the rediscover america sale starts. After ordering the Broadstreet web gem and the Dalton shell web gem. A nice pair of seconds sounds more my speed.

17. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Depends on what else you have in your collection.

Chocolate is more versatile and walnut is better looking overall, IMO.

18. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

A mixed bag. Some seconds are great. Others are terrible. I've experienced each kind, and have always returned those that are terrible.

19. zchen

zchen Senior member

Well I pulled the trigger on both Gramercy and Amsterdam. wish me luck....

20. millerbk

millerbk Active Member

Picture of the Amsterdam from Vanessa at UD. Tried to post this earlier today but said moderator had to review.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.